How to buy Accent Group shares
Own Accent Group shares in just a few minutes.
Accent Group Limited is an apparel retail business based in Australia. Accent Group shares (AX1) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Accent Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $829.8 million.
How to buy shares in Accent Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Accent Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AX1. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Accent Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Accent Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Accent Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Accent Group stock a buy or sell?
- Accent Group performance over time
- Are Accent Group shares over-valued?
- Accent Group's financials
- How volatile are Accent Group shares?
- Does Accent Group pay a dividend?
- Have Accent Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Accent Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AX1 stocks over time.
Accent Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$0.555 - AUDA$1.99|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.5318|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.2584|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.08 (5.08%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.099|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Accent Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Accent Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Accent Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Accent Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Accent Group's P/E ratio
Accent Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 17x. In other words, Accent Group shares trade at around 17x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Accent Group's EBITDA
Accent Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $121.6 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Accent Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Accent Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$829.8 million|
|Operating margin TTM||10.84%|
|Gross profit TTM||$473.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||6.97%|
|Return on equity TTM||13.71%|
|Market capitalisation||$853.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Accent Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 90.63% of net profits
Recently Accent Group has paid out, on average, around 90.63% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.08% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Accent Group shareholders could enjoy a 5.08% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Accent Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.08 per share.
Accent Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 8 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Accent Group's shares ever split?
Accent Group's shares were split on 27 February 2007.
Accent Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Accent Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.555 up to $1.99. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Accent Group's is 1.4307. This would suggest that Accent Group's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Accent Group overview
Accent Group Limited engages in the retail, distribution, and franchise of lifestyle footwear, apparel, and accessories in Australia and New Zealand. Its brands include The Athlete's Foot, Platypus Shoes, Hype DC, Skechers, Merrell, CAT, Vans, Dr. Martens, Saucony, Timberland, Sperry, Palladium, Stance, Supra, Subtype, The Trybe, PIVOT, Stylerunner and Podium Sports. The company operates through 524 stores and online sites. The company was formerly known as RCG Corporation Limited and changed its name to Accent Group Limited in November 2017. Accent Group Limited was founded in 1981 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert