How to buy Academies Australasia Group shares
Own Academies Australasia Group shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Academies Australasia Group Limited is an education & training services business based in Australia. Academies Australasia Group shares (AKG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Academies Australasia Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $59.7 million..
How to buy shares in Academies Australasia Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Academies Australasia Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: AKG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Academies Australasia Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.255, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Academies Australasia Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Academies Australasia Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Academies Australasia Group stock a buy or sell?
- Academies Australasia Group performance over time
- Are Academies Australasia Group shares over-valued?
- Academies Australasia Group's financials
- How volatile are Academies Australasia Group shares?
- Does Academies Australasia Group pay a dividend?
- Have Academies Australasia Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Academies Australasia Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of AKG stocks over time.
Academies Australasia Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.21 - $0.7|
|50-day moving average||$0.2704|
|200-day moving average||$0.2638|
|Dividend yield||$0.03 (10.3%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.029|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Academies Australasia Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Academies Australasia Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-36.25%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-25.00%|
|3 months (2020-10-20)||2.00%|
|6 months (2020-07-20)||8.51%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||-54.46%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||-31.08%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-47.42%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||-15.48%|
Is Academies Australasia Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Academies Australasia Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Academies Australasia Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Academies Australasia Group's P/E ratio
Academies Australasia Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 9x. In other words, Academies Australasia Group shares trade at around 9x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Academies Australasia Group's EBITDA
Academies Australasia Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $5.3 million (£3 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Academies Australasia Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Academies Australasia Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$59.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||7.33%|
|Gross profit TTM||$32.3 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.85%|
|Return on equity TTM||11.63%|
|Market capitalisation||$31.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Academies Australasia Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 136.5% of net profits
Recently Academies Australasia Group has paid out, on average, around 136.5% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 10.3% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Academies Australasia Group shareholders could enjoy a 10.3% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Academies Australasia Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.03 per share.
Academies Australasia Group's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 17 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Academies Australasia Group's shares ever split?
Academies Australasia Group's shares were split on 15 December 1998.
Academies Australasia Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Academies Australasia Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.21 up to $0.7. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Academies Australasia Group's is 1.1201. This would suggest that Academies Australasia Group's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Academies Australasia Group overview
Academies Australasia Group Limited provides training and education services in Australia and Singapore. The company primarily offers English language, senior high school, Singapore government school preparatory certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, and bachelor and master degree courses. It operates 18 licensed colleges offering approximately 150 qualifications. The company was formerly known as Garratt's Limited. Academies Australasia Group Limited was founded in 1908 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$51.74
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$52.98
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$103.81
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$23.91
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$88.92
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$16.55
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$75.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$51.3
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Academies Australasia Group units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert