How to buy 8VIC Holdings (8VI) shares
Learn how to easily invest in 8VIC Holdings shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
8VI Holdings Limited is an education & training services business based in Australia. 8VIC Holdings shares (8VI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. 8VIC Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $26 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in 8VIC Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for 8VIC Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 8VI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until 8VIC Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of 8VIC Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- 8VIC Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is 8VIC Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- 8VIC Holdings performance over time
- Are 8VIC Holdings shares over-valued?
- 8VIC Holdings's financials
- How volatile are 8VIC Holdings shares?
- Does 8VIC Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have 8VIC Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
8VIC Holdings stock price (ASX:8VI)Use our graph to track the performance of 8VI stocks over time.
8VIC Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.05 - $6.99|
|50-day moving average||$4.9536|
|200-day moving average||$4.2388|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.139|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy 8VIC Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
8VIC Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2021-10-12)||3.17%|
|1 month (2021-09-20)||7.42%|
|3 months (2021-07-20)||13.26%|
|6 months (2021-04-20)||108.40%|
|1 year (2020-10-19)||206.47%|
|2 years (2019-10-18)||2,505.00%|
|3 years (2018-10-19)||689.39%|
|5 years (2016-10-16)||inf%|
Is 8VIC Holdings under- or over-valued?
Valuing 8VIC Holdings stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of 8VIC Holdings's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
8VIC Holdings's P/E ratio
8VIC Holdings's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 38x. In other words, 8VIC Holdings shares trade at around 38x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
8VIC Holdings's EBITDA
8VIC Holdings's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $6.9 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a 8VIC Holdings's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
8VIC Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$26 million|
|Operating margin TTM||25.08%|
|Gross profit TTM||$20.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||20.91%|
|Return on equity TTM||74.51%|
|Market capitalisation||$222.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
8VIC Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting 8VIC Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have 8VIC Holdings's shares ever split?
8VIC Holdings's shares were split on a 1:50 basis on 27 November 2017. So if you had owned 50 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your 8VIC Holdings shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 4900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for 8VIC Holdings shares which in turn could have impacted 8VIC Holdings's share price.
8VIC Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, 8VIC Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.05 up to $6.99. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while 8VIC Holdings's is 0.327. This would suggest that 8VIC Holdings's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
8VIC Holdings overview
8VI Holdings Limited, an investment holding company, operates as a financial education technology company under the VI brand name in Singapore and internationally. The company's VI App is a proprietary stock analysis tool that crunches traditional financial data, simplifies the stock analysis, and provides decision-making process for equity investors into visuals under a framework. The company was formerly known as 8VIC Holdings Limited and changed its name to 8VI Holdings Limited in July 2020. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Singapore. 8VI Holdings Limited is a subsidiary of 8I Holdings Limited.
8VIC Holdings in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the a2 Milk (A2M) share price on a high?
Shares in the trans-Tasman dairy company are down 55% over the last 12 months.
Why has the Bank of Queensland (BOQ) share price stumbled?
Shares in the Brisbane-based lender have risen nearly 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Tissue Repair IPO
Everything we know about the Tissue Repair IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
What is weighing down the Westpac share price today?
Westpac shares are up 43% over the past 12 months.
16 stocks to watch following Sydney’s “freedom day”
Airports, travel agents and pubs are set to soar post lockdown, but should share investors look beyond immediate short-term wins?
Why is the IAG share price on a high today?
Shares in the insurer are up just 10% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Nimy Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Nimy Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Why the EML Payments share price is plunging today
The payment services company’s shares are up 16% in the last year.
How to invest in the Parabellum Resources IPO
Everything we know about the Parabellum Resources IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert