How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies shares
Own 8IP Emerging Companies shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
8IP Emerging Companies Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. 8IP Emerging Companies shares (8EC) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $1.4 million.
How to buy shares in 8IP Emerging Companies
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for 8IP Emerging Companies. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 8EC. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until 8IP Emerging Companies reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.033, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of 8IP Emerging Companies. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted 8IP Emerging Companies's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, 8IP Emerging Companies's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.033, which is 56.58% down on its pre-crash value of $0.076 and 127.27% down on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.075.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of 8IP Emerging Companies shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,026.32 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $434.21.
8IP Emerging Companies share priceUse our graph to track the performance of 8EC stocks over time.
8IP Emerging Companies shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.02 - $0.084|
|50-day moving average||$0.0476|
|200-day moving average||$0.0703|
|Dividend yield||$0.04 (121.21%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.0334|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy 8IP Emerging Companies stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
8IP Emerging Companies price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||0%|
|1 month (2020-12-16)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-16)||-57.69%|
|1 year (2020-01-15)||-98.91%|
|2 years (2019-01-15)||-99.89%|
|3 years (2018-01-15)||-99.92%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||-99.92%|
8IP Emerging Companies financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||0%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
8IP Emerging Companies share dividends
We're not expecting 8IP Emerging Companies to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
8IP Emerging Companies overview
8IP Emerging Companies Limited equity fund launched and managed by Eight Investment Partners Pty Limited. It invests in the public equity markets of Australia. The fund primarily invests in the emerging companies with a market capitalization $20 million to $500 million. It employs a fundamental analysis to make its investments. 8IP Emerging Companies Limited was launched on October 19, 2015 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy 8IP Emerging Companies units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert