How to buy 8I Holdings shares | A$0.14
Own 8I Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
8I Holdings Limited is an education & training services business based in Australia. 8I Holdings shares (8IH) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.14 – a decrease of 6.67% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $50.6 million.
How to buy shares in 8I Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for 8I Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 8IH. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until 8I Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.14, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of 8I Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted 8I Holdings's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, 8I Holdings's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.14, which is 28.57% up on its pre-crash value of $0.1 and 154.55% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.055.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of 8I Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $517.24 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $965.52.
8I Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of 8IH stocks over time.
8I Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.14|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.075 - AUDA$0.165|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.129|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1051|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0 (1.86%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.032|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy 8I Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
8I Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||-6.67%|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||7.69%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||40.00%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||75.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||55.56%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||29.15%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||-65.00%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||-83.23%|
8I Holdings financials
|Gross profit TTM||$6.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.81%|
|Return on equity TTM||-12.92%|
|Market capitalisation||$50.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
8I Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting 8I Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
8I Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, 8I Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.075 up to $0.165. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while 8I Holdings's is 0.6645. This would suggest that 8I Holdings's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
8I Holdings overview
8I Holdings Limited engages in the financial education, public and private market investments, and financial technology businesses. The company operates under the VI brand within the fintech and financial educational space with operations in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, and China. Its VI App is a smart stock analysis and screening tool infused with a social networking element to enable users to invest. The company is also involved in the licensed fund management business in Singapore; and investing in public listed equities in the Asia-Pacific, as well as invests in private businesses. In addition, it provides management consultancy services. The company was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Singapore.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert