How to buy 8common shares | A$0.115
Own 8common shares in just a few minutes.
8common Limited is a software—application business based in Australia. 8common shares (8CO) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.115 – the same closing value as a week prior. 8common has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.8 million.
How to buy shares in 8common
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for 8common. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: 8CO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until 8common reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.115, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of 8common. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted 8common's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, 8common's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.115, which is 30.43% up on its pre-crash value of $0.08 and 155.56% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.045.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of 8common shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $576.92 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,474.36.
8common share priceUse our graph to track the performance of 8CO stocks over time.
8common shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.115|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.045 - AUDA$0.165|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1015|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0719|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.009|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy 8common stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
8common price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-23)||0%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||0%|
|3 months (2020-06-30)||82.54%|
|6 months (2020-03-30)||130.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-30)||19.79%|
|2 years (2018-09-26)||167.44%|
|3 years (2017-09-26)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-26)||N/A|
|Revenue TTM||$3.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$445,214|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.34%|
|Return on equity TTM||-15.51%|
|Market capitalisation||$20.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
8common share dividends
We're not expecting 8common to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
8common share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, 8common's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.045 up to $0.165. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while 8common's is 1.0765. This would suggest that 8common's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
8common Limited develops and distributes software solutions in Australia, Asia, North America, and internationally. It offers Expense8, a travel and expense management software solution that manages and streamlines the end-to-end processing of employee generated expenses; and Perform8, a survey and action planning solution that diagnoses and prioritizes areas for improvement across its business, as well as Payhero that enables one-time and subscription customer billing to be managed in one place. It serves publically listed companies, global corporations, and local and national governments. 8common Limited was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert