From start-ups to big corporations, Zurich offers tailed insurance cover to protect your business.
If you're insuring a business and worried about your exposure to loss, risk or damage, a commercial insurance policy offers peace of mind and a degree of security when things go wrong. Zurich sells a large set of commercial insurance products in Australia which cover businesses and professionals regardless of industry or company size.
Features and benefits at a glance
- Trusted brand. Zurich also has a long history in the industry and is a global insurance brand. Zurich’s range of business insurance products includes a range of attractive features for potential customers. The National Insurance Brokers Association named Zurich as General Insurer of the Year in 2013.
- Tailored cover. Zurich lets you tailor a policy to match the needs of your business. You can choose from a range of options to create a policy that covers everything you need and nothing you don't.
- Cover for a range of businesses and professionals. Zurich specialises in providing cover for a variety of industries and professions, including health care providers, business services, property owners, retail trade and manufacturing businesses.
- Cover for small and large businesses. The company offers policies optimised for small businesses and large multi-nationals.
Does Zurich offer cover for small and medium sized businesses?
Zurich offers a range of insurance options to suit the needs of business with less than $10 million of annual turnover or assets. Products offered under this banner include Motor Insurance, Business Insurance, Cargo Insurance, Business Travel Insurance and Strata Insurance.
As the name suggests, this type of cover is specifically designed for tradies. Designed for those running small- to medium-sized businesses, Trades Insurance provides cover for bricklayers, concreters, glazers, landscapers, painters, decorators, plasterers, tilers and more.
Zurich offers Group Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance to most occupations and types of businesses. This offers cover 365 days a year anywhere in the world, plus you can tailor a policy to suit your needs and budget. You can choose cover for injuries suffered away from work or while commuting to work, while voluntary work can also be covered.
Designed for SME clients, Zurich Business Travel Insurance offers protection against financial loss or disruption that occurs when directors or employees are travelling for business purposes. It’s also easy to extend protection for insured people to cover their leisure travel.
Zurich’s Marine Cargo Insurance is designed to offer protection against the loss or damage of goods while they are in transit via sea, rail, road or air. This includes cover for goods while they are in storage anywhere between their starting point and final destination and there’s an extensive range of cargo insurance products to choose from to suit the size and needs of your business.
In today’s litigious society, Management Liability Insurance provides essential protection for small- to medium-sized businesses. Covers offered by Zurich include Insured Personal Liability, Company Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Statutory Liability, Commercial Crime and Internet Liability.
Does Zurich offer cover for large and multi-national businesses?
Designed for companies with turnover or assets greater than $10 million, Zurich’s products aim to manage and protect against risk.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
- If a third party claims they suffered a loss as a result of you breaching your professional duty, professional indemnity insurance provides the cover you need. It covers the cost of your legal defence, any damages you may be required to pay, as well as the expense involved in hiring public relations consultants to repair your business’ public image.
- Zurich’s Corporate Liability Insurance is designed to be comprehensive and offer essential coverage for personal injury, property damage and/or advertising liability. Product Safety and Recall Insurance includes recall advice and broad coverage.
Accident and Health Insurance
- Zurich offers a number of policies to minimise the financial impact of injury and illness suffered by directors and employees. These include Group Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance, Corporate Travel Insurance, Expatriate Insurance and Inpatriate Insurance.
Security and Privacy Protection Insurance
- In today’s electronic world, Zurich’s Security and Privacy Protection offers cover for third-party liability and first-party loss. This can include things like lost or stolen personal information, digital asset replacement and cyber extortion threats.
- The right workers’ compensation system is a must for all employers. Zurich can provide OH&S advice to help prevent accidents, plus offer a quick and efficient claims service when needed.
More business insurance policies from Zurich
Zurich has a few more business insurance policies outside of the categories above.
NSW CTP Green Slip
- If your business runs a fleet of vehicles registered in NSW, Zurich offers competitive prices for NSW CTP green slips. The insurance automatically includes ‘at-fault driver’ cover and access to an online system for green slip processing.
Group Life Insurance
- Designed for both the corporate and superannuation environment, this type of cover pays out lump sum benefits when a member dies, is diagnosed with a terminal illness or becomes totally and permanently disabled. Cover is comprehensive and rates are competitive, while it provides cover for a minimum number of 20 people. The TPD benefit is paid under the ‘own occupation’ definition.
Group Salary Continuance Insurance
- Designed for both the corporate and superannuation environment, this type of cover kicks in when a member suffers an illness or injury that prevents him or her from working for an extended period of time. In these cases, members receive up to 75% of their pre-disability salary paid in the form of an ongoing benefit. Total and partial disability benefits are included, as is a death benefit.
Who is Zurich?
Zurich Financial Services Australia Ltd is the Australian arm of the Swiss-based Zurich Insurance Group, a global organisation which has been serving customers for 135 years. With operations in more than 180 countries, Zurich employs over 1,200 people in Australia and New Zealand. Zurich’s history in Australia dates back to 1920 and the company offers general insurance, life risk, investment and superannuation solutions to its customers. Zurich’s Australian headquarters are based in North Sydney but they also have offices located right around the country.
What other types of insurance does Zurich provide?
- Life Insurance. Zurich offers a range of important life insurance options to Australians to help look after the financial needs of your family if something goes wrong. Products offered include Life Cover, TPD Insurance, Trauma Insurance, Income Protection Insurance, Child Cover, Funeral Insurance and Business Expenses Insurance.
- Travel Insurance. Zurich’s travel insurance is available in two ways, the first of which is through the company’s Business Travel or Corporate Travel Insurance. The second way is to obtain it via an eligible credit or debit card offered by one of Zurich’s partner financial institutions.
How do I make a claim with Zurich?
Claims made with Zurich can be split into the following categories:
- General claims
- Motor claims
- Liability claims
- Property claims
- Accident & Health claims
- Financial Lines claims
- Group Risk claims
- Marine Insurance claims
- Workers Compensation claims.
Depending on the nature of your claim, you may be required to follow specific instructions to submit your claim. However, for general claims you can download a claims form from Zurich’s website, fill it out and email, fax or post it back to Zurich. Alternatively, you can call the company’s claims team on 132 687.
Zurich promises prompt and efficient handling of all claims. With a local claims team in every Australian capital city, Zurich can offer the specialised knowledge and services you need. The process is transparent and you can even track the progress of your claim online.