Give your business the security it deserves with a flexible business insurance policy from RACV
RACV is perhaps best known for offering roadside assistance and a range of other services to its more than 2.1 million members. However, it also provides a wide range of insurance policies that covers everything from cars and caravans to your home, contents and even international travel. Its suite of insurance products also includes a number of business insurance solutions that have been specially tailored to meet the specific needs of several different types of businesses.
Issued by Insurance Australia Limited, RACV business insurance is designed to be both flexible and affordable, and is backed by a simple claims process. In addition to Public Liability Insurance, RACV also offers a range of business insurance policies specifically designed for your business, including cover for farmers, tradies, professionals, hospitality workers and home business owners.
Receive a quote for RACV business cover
Who can RACV business cover protect?
RACV offers a wide selection of business insurance policies to provide comprehensive and flexible protection for your business. Its suite of business insurance solutions is headlined by RACV Public Liability Insurance, which covers your legal liability for claims against you regarding injuries to someone else or damage to their property. With three levels of cover available and minimal paperwork required, the policy provides cover for any business with a potential public liability risk.
But there are also several other types of business insurance available from RACV. RACV Farm Insurance, for example, covers not only your farm, machinery, livestock and supplies, but also includes benefits such as personal injury cover and protection for your domestic home and contents.
RACV also offers business insurance solutions tailored to suit the needs of a range of other businesses and occupations, including:
- Tradies. RACV business insurance for tradies covers electricians, carpenters, plumbers, bricklayers, cabinet makers, repair businesses and more.
- Retailers. RACV business insurance for retailers provides tailored cover for florists, gift shops, hair and beauty salons, butchers, bakeries, clothing stores and more.
- Professionals. RACV business insurance for professionals is designed to suit the cover needs of doctors, lawyers, accountants, architects, solicitors, dentists, real estate agents and more.
- Hospitality businesses. RACV business insurance for hospitality workers is designed for restaurants, cafes, takeaway shops, catering businesses and more.
- Property owners. RACV business insurance for commercial property owners provides cover for anyone who manages a commercial property portfolio.
- Home business owners. RACV business insurance for home-based businesses provides tailored cover for accountants, bookkeepers, artists, caterers and many more.
RACV business cover benefits and features
When you take out business insurance cover with RACV, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Flexibility. With an RACV business insurance policy, you only pay for the cover you want and don’t have to pay for the features you don’t need.
- Tailor-made cover. Cover can be customised to suit the unique needs of your business, no matter what industry you’re in.
- Flexible payment options. You can pay your premiums by the month or annually, whichever suits your budget. Premiums can be paid by direct debit from your credit card or bank account at no extra cost.
- Australia-wide cover. RACV offers specialist protection for your business right around Australia.
- No-fuss cover. From the application process right through to lodging a claim, RACV is committed to making finding and maintaining business insurance cover as easy as possible. There is minimal paperwork involved and each policy is supported by friendly customer service.
What products are on offer?
- RACV Public Liability Insurance. Designed to protect your business liability when claims are brought against you for injury to a third party or damage to their property, RACV Public Liability Insurance offers three levels of cover: $5 million, $10 million or $20 million. It provides no-fuss liability cover for a wide range of businesses, including cover for employees, directors and partners, and includes cover for legal and first aid costs.
- RACV Farm Insurance. RACV Farm Insurance can be tailor-made to suit your specific cover needs. It covers your farm buildings, farm contents, machinery, fencing, hay, and livestock against risks like fire, storm, impact and vandalism, while also allowing you to cover your domestic home and contents. Other benefits include personal accident and illness cover, farm vehicle cover, additional working costs when your business is disrupted by an insured event, burglary and theft cover, and broadform liability protection to cover farm compensation costs.
Do you need specialist cover?
In addition to the policies above, RACV also offers business insurance solutions designed to meet the special cover needs of a range of businesses.
- RACV business insurance for tradies. Designed for tradies, domestic services and repair businesses, this covers your liability for personal injury and property damage, as well as your tools of trade and equipment. Your ute, van or other commercial vehicle is included in cover, and you’ll receive a hire car following the theft of your vehicle. Other benefits include personal accident and illness cover and protection for your laptops, mobile phones and computers.
- RACV business insurance for retailers. RACV business insurance for retailers protects your buildings, contents and stocks against everything from fire and storm damage to explosion, impacts and vandalism. A 50% seasonal increase in stock cover comes in handy during busy trading periods, while stock is also covered in transit. You choose the amount of public liability protection you want and can also enjoy cover for burglary, business vehicles, glass breakage and business interruption.
- RACV business insurance for professionals. RACV business insurance for professionals protects your buildings and contents against a wide range of defined events, and includes public liability cover to the amount you choose. Other benefits include cover for burglary, business vehicles, business interruption costs, glass breakage, tax audit costs and personal accident and illness.
- RACV business insurance for hospitality businesses. If you own a hospitality business, this policy protects your buildings, contents and stocks against a variety of defined events, plus allows you to choose the level of public liability cover you need. Burglary cover, a seasonal increase in stock cover, business vehicle cover and personal accident and illness protection are also included.
- RACV business insurance for property owners. RACV commercial property insurance covers fire, storm and a number of other defined events, and allows you to choose the amount of public liability cover you want. Business interruption costs, burglary, glass breakage and tax audit costs are also included.
- RACV business insurance for home business owners. If you work from home, RACV can provide cover for your building and contents against a broad range of defined events, while you also have the freedom to choose the amount of public liability cover you want. Cover for burglary, business motor vehicles, glass breakage, business interruption, tax audit costs and personal accident and illness is also included.
More reasons to consider RACV business cover
The main benefit of RACV business insurance is the flexibility it provides. Not only does RACV offer policies designed to suit the individual needs of different industries and occupations, but it also allows you to tailor cover to match your business. This ensures that you have the cover you need and don’t have to pay for any features and benefits you won’t use.
RACV also prides itself on its commitment to providing no-fuss cover. This means that it’s quick and easy to take out cover online or over the phone, with minimal paperwork to fill out and no time wasted. It also means that it’s simple to lodge a claim, and if you ever have a question about your policy, you can rely on the prompt and helpful customer service team to offer the assistance you need.
How do I claim with RACV?
How can I make a claim on my RACV business insurance policy?
You can make a claim over the phone by calling the RACV Claims and Assistance Centre.
What should I do if any of my property has been stolen or maliciously damaged?
Make sure to contact the police immediately and report the incident.
An event has just occurred that may lead to a claim – what should I do before I contact RACV?
Before contacting RACV you must take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss, damage or liability from occurring.
When should I contact RACV with the details of my claim?
You should contact RACV as soon as possible after the insured event occurs. You will need to provide full details of the facts and circumstances of the loss, damage, injury, illness or claim made against you.
Where can I find more information on the details I will need to supply when making an RACV business insurance claim?
You can find more information in the PDS for your business insurance policy.
If you’re looking for insurance cover tailor-made to suit the needs of your business, RACV’s range of policies is well worth a closer look. Just make sure you read the fine print closely and compare the cover features with the benefits offered by other providers before choosing a business insurance policy.