No matter what industry you're in Chubb Business Insurance offers cover against a variety of business risks. Compare quotes and apply securely now.
Part of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies, Chubb Insurance Company of Australia, Ltd has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane. Chubb is a respected name worldwide in the insurance industry and it offers a wide range of business insurance solutions to suit the needs of a wide variety of business.
Why should I consider Chubb Business Insurance?
Some of the reasons to go with Chubb include:
- A wide variety of cover for different business needs. Chubb offers commercial Insurance, specialty insurance, accident and health insurance to protect business against an array of risks.
- Customer first claims approach. Claims made both from your business and against your business are handled with your best interests in mind.
- Loss Control. Chubb offers experts to assist businesses in reducing their risks if needed.
Read this article to find out more about the policies offered by Chubb and compare the company’s policies with other offerings in the market.
If you are ready to speak with a consultant about different business insurance options available, simply enter your details in the form. Keep reading if you want to learn more about the different types of cover available.
Chubb Insurance Company of Australia, Ltd. is part of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. This international organisation specialises in offering property and casualty insurance policies to businesses and individual customers around the world.
How renown is Chubb?
Chubb was established in New York City in 1882 by Thomas Caldecot Chubb and his son Percy, as a marine underwriting business. More than 130 years later, Chubb has grown into the United States’ 12th largest property and casualty insurer. Boasting more than $50 billion in assets, Chubb has 120 offices in 26 countries. It has Australian offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane, and works with some 8,500 independent agents and brokers in locations all across the globe.
Is Chubb a socially responsible company?
The company also runs a corporate social responsibility program designed to give back to the community. This program includes community engagement, diversity initiatives, as well as efforts to nurture and protect the environment.
- Chubb Commercial Insurance. With the capability to provide a high level of cover, Chubb offers commercial insurance policies to protect businesses against a wide range of risks. Policies can be customised to suit a range of industries. Chubb provides properties for companies both large and small, as well as liability insurance to protect businesses against litigation. The company sells marine insurance, information technology and network technology liability coverage, insurance for environmental companies, as well as insurance coverage for life sciences companies. Finally, Chubb also has a Body Corporate Elite Package, which provides residential strata insurance that has been specifically designed to cover high-rise apartment buildings.
- Chubb Specialty Insurance. This is a specialised division of Chubb that offers insurance for a wide range of companies and associations through three teams: Executive Protection Practice, Department of Financial Institutions and Chubb Pro. Executive Protection Practice offers a range of products designed to protect company directors and executives, including life professional indemnity cover, crime insurance and cyber security protection. The Department of Financial Institutions offers specialty products to protect the needs of financial institutions, including cover for everything from computer crime to employment practices liability. Chubb Pro specialises in professional indemnity insurance for a variety of professionals, including accountants, solicitors and real estate agents.
- Accident and Health. Accidents, injuries and illnesses pose a significant risk to workforces of all shapes and sizes. Accident and Health insurance policies from Chubb were created to cover everyone from voluntary workers and employees to directors and business travellers. Corporate Travel Insurance protects you against costly travel disasters, while Expatriate Insurance covers your employees who are working abroad. Group Personal Injury Insurance helps cover your losses when a key employee is injured and unable to work, and Journey Insurance provides cover for employees travelling to and from work.
Chubb proudly takes a customer-first approach to handling claims, which is tailored towards the type of claim:
- First party claims. Customers who need to make a claim can contact their insurance broker or get in touch with Chubb directly via email, phone or mail. Chubb will acknowledge receipt of your claim within 24 hours and give you the contact details of a claims handler. The insurer will then consider the information you have provided and, if necessary, request further documentation or supporting evidence. Chubb aims to provide prompt service and can also help to find ways to keep your business open or operating in difficult circumstances, providing you with access to emergency cash also an option. Once Chubb has agreed to pay a claim, payment will be issued within 48 hours.
- Third party claims. Businesses who hold a liability insurance policy with Chubb receive protection when they find themselves the subject of a third-party lawsuit for damages or injuries. Customers who need to make a claim can contact their insurance broker or get in touch with Chubb directly via email, phone or mail. If you are found to be responsible for a loss, Chubb will work to reach a fair compensation amount. Prompt resolution is the aim, though claims where you are not liable will be vigorously defended. In an effort to reach quick and affordable solutions, Chubb manages all levels of the litigation process and also uses alternative dispute resolution methods.
- Fraudulent claims. Chubb has a very firm policy when it comes to fraudulent claims. The company will not pay a fraudulent claim and is committed to fighting insurance fraud. All Chubb staff are trained to detect signs of fraud and the company has strong partnerships with law enforcement agencies. Reducing the occurrence of insurance fraud helps to bring premium prices down.
- Internal dispute resolution procedure. If you have a complaint about the products or services offered by Chubb Insurance, Chubb is committed to helping you come to an effective and satisfactory resolution. The first step is to contact Chubb’s Complaints Chairman and provide them with as many details about your complaint as possible. Chubb will then attempt to resolve your complaint quickly and amicably, usually within 15 working days, but if a successful resolution has not been reached within 45 days you can refer the matter to the relevant consumer complaints department in your state or territory. Alternatively, you can request a review by the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Prestige Home and Contents. Designed to protect your home and most valuable possessions, this type of policy offers low-cost cover. After suffering a loss, you can either receive a benefit payment or the services of the finest craftsmen to return your home or belongings to their original condition.
- Valuable Articles. If your valuable belongings are lost, stolen or damaged, Valuable Articles cover from Chubb Insurance provides the cover you need. You can insure art, antiques, wine collections, jewellery, rare books and much more.
- Home Business Property Insurance. If you work from home, most home and contents policies won’t cover you for the loss of any important paperwork or office equipment. This type of cover provides much-needed and comprehensive cover for a wide range of home businesses.
- Family Protection. Family Protection insurance provides cover for multiple events that could influence your emotional or physical wellbeing. Such events include hijacking, child abduction, stalking and home invasion, and this insurance provides financial assistance to help with your recovery.
- Personal Liability. Personal liability cover for you and your family protects you if you become the target of costly legal action. Cover is also available if you are accused of slander or causing mental anguish.
- Claims Services. Chubb Insurance’s customer-first approach to claims handling has been well documented above.
- Home Appraisal Service. If you take out Prestige Home and Contents insurance cover with Chubb, the company will offer a complimentary appraisal service to determine the true value of your home and then provide the right level of cover.
Chubb Insurance Company of Australia, Ltd offers a range of comprehensive insurance policies to protect businesses large and small. Compare Chubb’s offerings with products from a range of other insurers to guarantee that you will end up with the right level of cover.
Chubb’s My Business Income Consultation is an online income calculator that allows you to get a fast and accurate estimate of your business income/extra expense insurance needs.
It guides you through an easy four step process, coaching you through the thinking behind the numbers and providing advanced help tools along the way, and allows you to calculate an insurance limit that accurately reflects the needs of your business.
Helping you to avoid costly coverage mistakes such as underestimating the amount of insurance you need or the time it would take for your business to recover, this unique online evaluator makes business income and extra expense valuations a breeze and it’s provided free at Chubb.com.
Here are some key reasons to go with Chubb Business Insurance:
- Wide range of options. A range of flexible and comprehensive insurance options to protect Australian businesses.
- Unique product features. Its products feature benefits and options not offered by many other insurers
- Loss control policies. The company employs Loss Control experts to assess the risks a business faces and introduces innovative measures to help reduce the amount of risk to an acceptable level.
- Customer first claims approach. Chubb also offers a customer-first approach to handling claims, ensuring the entire process is dealt with in a quick and stress-free manner.