Receive cover for up to 6 serious illnesses with Bupa Serious Illness Insurance
Bupa Serious Illness Insurance provides protection for up to 6 serious illnesses via a benefit payment of up to $200,000. Cover is guaranteed renewable and will remain in place 24/7 no matter where you are in the world.
Keep reading to learn more of the benefits of Bupa Serious Illness Insurance.
Compare direct life insurance brands below
Benefits of Bupa Serious Illness Insurance
So you can see, that if a serious illness or injury does strike, you don’t want to be worrying about balancing your bills and medical expenses, or jeopardising your health or your family’s future. Instead, Bupa Serious Illness Insurance protects you and your family with:
- A lump sum benefit for eligible illnesses or injury. A lump sum benefit payment means that you and your family can spend the insurance amount as you need it, when you need it, rather than having it rationed out to you. You can use your serious illness insurance benefit for medical bills, household bills or other incidental costs which are often associated with such a disruption, like additional childcare or fuel costs. Bupa Serious Illness Insurance covers cancer, benign brain tumour, burns, serious injury, heart attack, diabetes, stroke, coronary artery bypass surgery and angioplasty.
- Choose your level of cover. Depending on your budget and financial needs, you can choose a Standard, Plus or Premium level of serious illness cover.
- Automatic indexation of your benefit. As the cost of living increases each and every year, Bupa makes sure that your serious illness benefit will remain relevant, no matter when you claim. Since you can use your benefit amount for any number of daily living expenses or medical bills – all of which are affected by inflation – your benefit amount will increase by a minimum of 5% each year to keep up with inflation.
- Worldwide cover. No matter where you travel, you can feel secure knowing your serious illness insurance goes with you. You remain covered 24 hours a day, seven days a week by Bupa, anywhere in the world.
- Level premiums. For the first three years of your policy, you will be charged level premiums, so your premiums don’t increase as you get older, to help you adjust to your serious illness insurance added to your budget. You can also choose to pay your premiums monthly or annually, at no extra cost.
- Health insurance benefits. If you have Bupa health insurance in conjunction with your serious illness insurance, you will be eligible for 10% off your premiums, and you will receive an additional 10% paid on top of all claims.
- Apply for serious illness insurance benefit. If you are an Australian resident between 18 and 55 years old, you can apply for $50,000 of Standard Cover, $100,000 of Plus Cover or $200,000 of Premium Cover.
- Guaranteed renewable. As long as you keep your premiums current, Bupa will guarantee to renew your serious illness insurance each year, so you remain protected.
Some final questions you might have
Q. Can I change my plan in the future?
- A. You have the flexibility to change between standard cover, plus cover and premium cover while the policy is in force. In the event that you wish to increase your cover, you will be subject to Bupa’s usual application process.
Q. Can Bupa cancel my policy?
- A. As long as you remain on top of your premium payments, Bupa cannot cancel your policy or increase the premium payments due to any change to your health, occupation or pastimes.
Q. When will my cover end?
- A. Cover will end in the event that you;
- Cancel your policy
- Your policy is cancelled due to non-premium payment
- Or on the policy anniversary following your 80th birthday