Receive up to $100,000 in cover with Bupa Injury Cash Protection
You can’t put a price on your health and mobility, because being able to go for a jog in the morning to vitalise you for the day ahead, or being able to chase your kids in the park or walk your dog on the beach are all invaluable experiences. However, if the worst does happen and you suffer an accidental injury, there is a price on your medical expenses, recovery and rehabilitation, and that price generally has to be paid up front.
That is where Bupa Injury Cash Insurance can help you financially if you suffer an accidental injury, with tailored benefits for a range of eligible injuries, and generous benefit amounts to help you pay the gap between your health insurance, extra child care costs as family members need to run between the hospital and your home to tend to you, or to simply pay those ever constant household bills while you’re off work recovering.
Compare direct life insurance brands below
What does the policy cover?
Bupa Injury Cash Insurance is an innovative insurance product that has been designed specifically for accidental death and accidental injury claims. This means you have tailored and intuitive benefits, a choice in the level of cover to make it more affordable plus discounts and bonuses to help you when you need it the most.
With Bupa Injury Cash Insurance, you will benefit from the following few features and options:
- Accidental Injury Benefit: The maximum benefit paid for an accidental injury claim on the Standard plan with $50,000 and is $100,000 on the Premium level of cover. If you suffer more than one accidental injury as a result of the same accident, you will receive the higher benefit amount you are entitled to, and you can only claim for each accidental injury event once in a 12 month period. Any benefit which is paid under your Bupa injury insurance policy after you are 75 years old will be reduced by 50%.
- Accidental Death Benefit: As well as being eligible for a benefit in case of accidental injury, Bupa Injury Cash Insurance also protects your family in the event of your death. If you claim for an accidental injury on your policy, your accidental death benefit will be reduced by this amount. The maximum total benefit which will be paid for the Standard Plan is $100,000 and $200,000 for the Premier level of cover. The accidental death benefit is paid if you die immediately, or within 90 days of an accident.
- Lump sum benefit amount: The accidental injury or accidental death benefit will be paid to you or your family as a lump sum amount. This allows the money to be spent where it is needed most, when it is needed.
- Choice of cover levels: You can choose between Standard and Premier cover when you take out injury insurance with Bupa, where the inclusions and benefits are tailored to your budget and your financial needs.
- Daily Bed Confinement Benefit: Bupa Injury Cash Insurance will provide a benefit amount for up to 90 days in the event that you are confined to a bed for 24 hours per day in three consecutive days, as advised by a medical practitioner. This benefit is also payable for a maximum of seven days if you are injured as a result of an accident while overseas.
- Reward Cover Benefit: If you have health insurance with Bupa, you will be eligible for additional injury insurance benefits. For example, you will receive a 10% discount on your premiums, and an extra 10% paid on all claims.
- Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Benefit: You will be eligible for the TPD benefit payment if as a result of an accident, you meet the following four TPD definitions:
- Unable to work: Under your TPD benefit you will be defined as unable to work if you were in active employment at the time of the accident and have been absent from work for six consecutive months, are under regular care from a medical practitioner and your medical practitioner deems you unlikely to be able to engage in active employment ever again.
- Unable to do home duties: You can claim a TPD benefit if you were performing full time home duties or child rearing at the time of an accident, and are now unable to complete these duties without assistance.
- Loss of independent existence: You can claim for the permanent and irreversible inability to perform daily living or home duties without assistance.
- Loss of limbs and/or sight: Your TPD cover also pays a benefit if you lose the complete use of both hands or both feet, or the complete use of one hand and one foot, as well as blindness in both eyes as the result of an accident.
- Loss of One Limb, Sight in One Eye, Speech or Hearing Benefit: Bupa will provide a benefit amount if you suffer from a complete loss of use of one hand or one foot, loss of speech or hearing in both ears or blindness in one eye as a result of an accident.
- Accidental Burns Benefit: If you suffer from tissue injury caused by thermal, electrical or chemical agents that cause third degree burns as a result of an accident, you will be eligible for a benefit payment.
- Broken Bones Benefit: Bupa will provide a benefit if you suffer from a fracture, as listed on your policy, within 30 days of the accident occurring.
- Homecare Assistance Benefit: This benefit is payable for a maximum of 45 days to meet the cost of hiring a housekeeper while you are confined to bed. This benefit is also only paid while you are receiving Daily Bed Confinement Benefit.
- Worldwide cover: With Bupa Injury Cash Insurance, you are protected 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter where you are in the world.
Who can apply for Bupa Injury Cash Protection?
If you are an Australian resident 18 to 65 years old, you can apply for Bupa injury insurance and you are guaranteed to be accepted. You don’t need to take any medical tests or answer any health questions, and you are guaranteed to be approved for cover regardless of the state of your health. This means that even if you have existing medical or health issues, you can still take out cover to protect your family when they need financial assistance the most.