Build your own spaceship with Starlink: Battle for Atlas
Toys-to-life is heading to space.
Space is the next frontier for Ubisoft, with the studio announcing Starlink: Battle for Atlas at its press conference this morning. An open-world space-combat game, Starlink sets itself apart with its toys-to-life customisation aspect. You build your own physical starship model and mount it to your controller, with any changes you make to the model reflected instantly in-game. Pilots, hulls, wings, and weapons can all be interchanged to build the right spaceship for each scenario.
Starlink will feature 7 unique planets to fly to, with seamless transitions between space and planetside combat. Ubisoft is also promising that the game world will change depending on your decisions, with enemies pushing back and taking over the star system if you don't protect it.
We'll be covering E3 all week. You can follow along with us by checking out our guide on how to watch all the E3 2017 live streams, or catch up on all the news and announcements from the show at our E3 2017 hub.
- E3 2017: Microsoft showed four times more games this year
- E3 2017 by the numbers: 55% more gameplay on show than E3 2016
- E3 2017 by the numbers: The Age of Exclusivity is coming to an end
- E3 2016 vs E3 2017: 60% increase in new IP reveals at E3 2017
- 49 games shown at E3 2017 slated to release this year