If you need travel protection on short notice, check out Budget Direct's Last Minute Travel Insurance.
Insuring with Budget Insurance not only gives you with access to award-winning insurance policies but provides you with quick and easy claims service, flexible payment options and tailorable cover options.Budget Direct is one of the leading general insurance providers in Australia, providing life, home, travel and health insurance policies to millions of Australians. The company is part of the International Budget Insurance group and has been providing innovative and affordable insurance products to Australians since the year 2000.
Budget Direct Last Minute Travel Insurance is designed to cover you should you require travel protection on short notice.
Receive a quote for Budget Direct Last Minute Travel Insurance
|Key benefits of Budget Direct Last Minute Travel Insurance||What's covered?|
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Fees|
|Luggage and Personal Effects|
Who's eligible to purchase?
Budget Direct Last Minute Travel Insurance is available to permanent Australian residents who are 100 years and below. You must be at least 18 years old to purchase the policy and must purchase it before departing for your trip. Non-permanent Australian residents can also purchase Budget Direct Last Minute Travel Insurance, but they must have a valid Medicare Card, Private Health Fund or Overseas Student Travel Insurance. A surcharge applies to premiums of insured persons who are over 50 years old.
Parents or grandparents can purchase this policy for their children or grandchildren who are below 18 years. However, full adult premiums apply for any dependents travelling without their parents or grandparents. Dependents under the age of 16 must be fully supervised by an accompanying adult during the trip.Back to top
What's not included?
Budget Direct Insurance does not cover the following:
- Any claims you make under this policy, if at the time you apply, the following conditions apply:
- you were aware of a medical condition or injury you had that would give raise to a claim
- you have been informed of a condition that will cause your death
- an insured person under this policy is awaiting medical tests or treatment, travelling against the advice of a doctor or travelling overseas to get medical treatment.
- You are not be covered for cancellation and amendment fees under your policy if a close relative or other person you are scheduled to travel with needed the following 90 days prior to your trip:
- surgery, inpatient treatment or any medical consultations
- treatment or prescribed medication
- were on a waiting list for treatment, surgery or medical tests
- had been diagnosed with a terminal condition before the start of the policy.
- A claim that that is the result of an incident that you knew could result in you making a claim.
- Any claims arising from suicide, attempted suicide or deliberate attempt to harm or endanger yourself.
- Claims arising from war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, usurpation of government or related incidents.
- Claims arising from strikes, riots or industrial actions that were public knowledge at the time you booked your trip.
- Any claims arising from you travelling to a country that is listed on the ‘Do Not’ travel list provided by the Australian Government.
- Any claims arising from your involvement in malicious, reckless or illegal activities.
- Any claim arising from any form of racing other than on foot or from any sport or activity except those covered under your policy.
- Any claims resulting from your tour or event getting cancelled as a result of insufficient numbers.
The following general conditions apply to Budget Direct Last Minute Travel Insurance:
- You must inform Budget Direct about anything that may affect their decision to accept your insurance e.g. any plans to engage in dangerous sports activities while on holiday.
- Before making any claim under this policy, you must take all reasonable steps to avoid or mitigate any loss or damage.
- Documents needed by Budget Direct to deal with your claim, including medical certificates, receipts for lost items and other documents supporting your claim must be provided to their claims department at your own expense.
- You must help Budget Direct recover any money they have paid to other insurers or persons by filling in the required forms and providing details requested.
- You must agree to any medical examinations requested by the insurer.
- Any salvage you have sent to Budget Direct remains their property after the settlement of your claim.
- Should you require hospitalisation, emergency transportation or repatriation to Australia after an illness or injury, you must inform Budget Direct as soon as possible so that any necessary arrangements can be made.
- Budget Direct does not cover you for loss or an event or liability covered by another insurance policy, medical or health scheme or any Act of Parliament.
- Any amounts paid to you that are not covered by this insurance policy must be paid back to the insurer.
- You must inform Budget Direct of any changes that occur between the date of purchasing this policy and the date of departure for your trip. This includes:
- any new treatments or prescribed medications.
- changes to your treatment or prescribed medications.
- any new sickness, condition or illness that you required medical treatment for.
Budget Direct Last Minute Travel Insurance is designed to cater for individuals looking for comprehensive travel cover for an overseas trip that has come up abruptly, and it offers smarter prices for low risk customers.Back to top