Get comprehensive cover for accidental injury with Budget Direct
Accidents be it a simple slip and fall on the footpath or a car crash all have one thing in common, you could not have predicted the event happening. That is exactly what accident insurance does for you, because while your insurance can’t prevent accidents happening, it can minimise the effects and disruption it has on your life.
Of course, it can seem like accident insurance is just another type of cover, and another bill to add to the monthly outgoings, however, Budget Direct makes sure your accident insurance provides you with comprehensive cover, and an affordable premium structure so you can remain protected in case of the unexpected.
What does the policy cover?
Personal accident insurance is available to existing Budget Direct customers only and as you already have an account with Budget Insurance, you can quickly and easily apply for accident protection by calling Budget Direct, or by logging into your online Policy Manager. With accident insurance from Budget Direct, you will be protecting yourself and your family with:
- A lump sum benefit payment. You accident insurance benefit is paid as a lump sum amount so that you can use the money in the way you need it most at the time, rather than waiting for a monthly allowance benefit. This could mean paying those immediate medical bills, covering the household bills that keep on coming regardless of your state of health, or simply taking a family holiday to relax and recover.
- Lifestyle benefits. Your Budget Direct Personal Accident Insurance cover provides a range of benefits to ensure you are back at your normal health as soon as possible. For example, Budget Direct Personal Accident Insurance offers features such as assisting with education fees and vocational retraining.
- Accident protection benefits are on top of other entitlements. Your eligibility to make a claim on your Budget Direct Personal Accident Insurance is not affected by other benefits you may be entitled to. This means you will receive an accident insurance benefit in addition to any worker’s compensation payout, health insurance, Medicare benefit, superannuation or third party insurance benefits.
- Cover anywhere in the world. You are covered under your accident insurance from Budget Direct 24/7/365, no matter where you are in the world.
What will I be paid?
As you compare accident insurances, you will notice that each policy and insurer covers different instances, for different levels of cover, so make sure you are comparing accident insurances on a level playing field, and know exactly what you are getting when you apply.
With Budget Direct Personal Accident Insurance, you are insured for:
- A $100,000 benefit for permanent quadriplegia
- A $10,000 benefit for accidental loss of life
- A $100,000 benefit for permanent paraplegia
- A $25,000 benefit for permanent total loss of sight in one eye
- A $12,500 benefit for permanent total loss of hearing in one ear
- A $25,000 benefit for the permanent total loss of the use of one limb
- A $50,000 benefit for the permanent total loss of the use of two limbs
- A $50,000 benefit for the permanent total loss of sight in both eyes
- A $50,000 benefit for permanent total loss of hearing in both ears
- A $50,000 benefit for permanent total loss of speech
- A $1,500 benefit for the fracture of pelvis, hip or vertebrae of the neck
- A $400 benefit for the fracture of the jaw, lower leg or forearm
- A $1,000 benefit for fracturing your skull or shoulder blade
- A $750 benefit for fracturing your supper leg, collarbone or sternum
- A $500 benefit for the fracture of your upper arm, kneecap or elbow
- A $300 benefit for fracture of ankle, foot, wrist, cheek or hand
- A $250 benefit for fracture of ribs
- A $200 benefit for fracture of nose
- A $100 benefit for fracture of fingers, thumbs or toes
- A $50 benefit per day to a maximum of $4,550 for ongoing bed care if you are staying in hospital for more than 48 hours
- A maximum of $5,000 to cover the actual costs to renovate your home to accommodate an accident
- A maximum of $500 per month for six months to cover the actual costs of vocational retraining
- Up to $2,000 per dependent child up to a maximum of $6,000 benefit for educational fee assistance.
What isn't covered?
Some exclusions apply to accidents eligible for a benefit payout, for example, Budget Direct will not pay a benefit if your accidental death or injury is the result of:
- Intentional self inflicted bodily harm
- Engaging in illegal acts or criminal activities
- Attempted suicide or suicide
- The consumption of drugs other than those prescribed by a medical practitioner
- The consumption of alcohol or having a blood alcohol content over the legal limit while driving
- Engaging in any professional sport
- Engaging in any motor sport and being either a passenger or driver
- War or war like activity
- Taking part in civil commotion or a riot
- Being a crew member or pilot of any aircraft.
Who can apply?
To apply for accident protection with Budget Direct you must be an Australian resident between 18 and 64 years old.