Search the latest special offers and deals from Budget Direct health insurance.
Choosing the right health fund can be a difficult decision, so it’s important to compare the policies and benefits on offer from a number of health insurers. To help make your choice easier, and to attract new members, most health funds run limited-time deals and promotions for new members, with offers such as gift cards, cash back and waived waiting periods.
Budget Direct health insurance has joined forces with GMHBA, a non-profit health fund with more than 230,000 members, to offer a range of flexible cover options to members. Check out the latest membership deals and offers from Budget Direct below.
Budget Direct Health Insurance discounts on offer
Compare Budget Direct policies and apply securely
What policies can I choose from?
Budget Direct offers health insurance to suit just about everyone, from the young and healthy to older members who may need comprehensive cover. It offers the following policies:
- Hospital cover. Budget Direct members can choose from three levels of hospital cover: public hospital cover, mid hospital cover and top hospital cover.
- Extras cover. You can choose from basic extras and top extras.
- Pre-packaged hospital and extras bundles. Budget Direct offers the Starter Package and the Starter Package Plus for young singles and couples. It also offers the New Family Package, the Family Value Package and the Established Family Package for families and single parents. And it offers the Freedom Package for older singles and couples.
Check out our Budget Direct health insurance review for a detailed guide on the policies available.
What are some pros of being a Budget Direct member?
Like the sound of the deals above but still not sure whether Budget Direct health insurance is right for you? Consider the following advantages of Budget Direct health insurance:
- Cover tailored to your needs. Budget Direct allows you to mix and match hospital and extras cover to suit your needs, or choose a pre-packaged hospital and extras bundle tailored to your specific life stage.
- Your choice of provider. You have the freedom to choose any extras provider that you like and get between 50% and 85% of the treatment costs back, depending on your level of cover.
- Hospital substitute programs. If you’d prefer to be treated in the comfort of your own home, Budget Direct provides access to Hospital in the Home (HITH) and Rehabilitation in the Home (RITH) programs (where possible) at no extra cost.
- Cover for dependents up to 25 years of age. Budget Direct automatically covers your child dependants until they reach 21 years of age, and full-time student dependants are covered until they turn 25.
- Multi-policy discounts. Budget Direct offers multiple types of insurance, so health insurance members may be eligible to access a multi-policy discount on car, travel, life or home and contents insurance from Budget Direct.
How to make a claim
There are several ways you can lodge an extras claim with Budget Direct:
- On the spot. You can swipe your Budget Direct membership card through the provider’s electronic claims terminal to claim instantly.
- Online. You can log in to Budget Direct’s online member area to make a claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- By mail. If your claim is for orthodontic treatment or for a service you received more than six months ago, you’ll need to download and complete a Budget Direct claims form. This form and your itemised receipt(s) should then be mailed to Budget Direct Health Insurance Claims, PO Box 761, Geelong VIC 3220.