Cover the essentials at a low rate with Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance
You never know what could go wrong when on a trip overseas, which is where Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance can help. Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance covers a range of travel woes including:Budget Direct is an Australian insurance provider that has been offering essential insurance products to millions of Australians since the year 2000. The company offers affordable life, home, car and travel insurance by focusing on the low-risk sector so as to lower their premiums and pass on more savings to their customers.
- Cancelled, delayed or diverted flights
- Medical emergencies
- Luggage loss, theft or delays
Receive a quote for Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance
What are the key benefits?
|Key Benefits of Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance?||What You Are Covered For|
|Cancellation and amendment fees|
|Overseas medical and hospital fees|
|Cutting your trip short|
|Travel delay expenses|
|Luggage and personal effects|
|Rental vehicle insurance excess|
|Alternative transport expenses|
Who's eligible to purchase this policy?
Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance is available to Australian citizens or permanent Australian residents. Non-permanent Australian residents can also purchase the policy but they must have a valid Medicare Card, Private Health Fund or Overseas Student Travel Insurance. To ensure that you are an Australian citizen or currently reside in Australia, Budget Direct may ask for proof in the following forms. Proof may include:
- Copy of your passport
- Australian residency documents
- Your birth certificate
- A copy of your valid Medicare Card, Private Health Fund or your Overseas Student Travel Insurance
Age eligibility for the policy is a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 100 years at the time of applying for the policy. However, an eligible person can purchase the cover for their child or grandchild who is below the age of 18 and who is financially dependent on them.Back to top
What's not covered?
The following general exclusions apply for the Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance:
- Any claims that arise from the following are not covered if at the time you took out the policy:
- You were aware of a certain medical condition that you knew could lead to the claim, or have been informed that you are terminally ill
- An insured person under your policy is travelling against the advice of a doctor or is awaiting medical tests or receiving medical treatment
- You are not be covered for cancellation or amendment fees on this policy if a travelling companion or close relative not insured under the policy:
- Needed surgery, inpatient treatment or consultations with a medical practitioner
- Needed any treatment or prescribed medication
- Had been diagnosed with a terminal illness prior to the start of the policy
- You are not covered for claims arising from your suicide, attempted suicide or your deliberate attempt to injure yourself or put yourself in danger.
- Claims that arise from riots, industrial action or strikes, blockades, or similar events that were public knowledge at the time you began your trip are not covered.
- Any claims that arise from your deliberate involvement in malicious, reckless or illegal activities will not be paid.
- Claims arising out of war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, usurpation of government or similar events will not be paid.
- Claims related to an incident that you knew would likely lead to a claim while you were taking out the policy will not be paid.
General conditions apply
The following general conditions apply to this policy:
- Any information that could affect the decision of Budget Direct to accept your insurance must be disclosed to them e.g. any plans to engage in dangerous activity during your trip or holiday overseas.
- You are required to take all reasonable steps to decrease of avoid loss that you wish to make a claim for under this policy.
- You must provide the Budget Direct claims department with all documents it needs to settle your claim. Such documents may include vouchers, receipts, medical certificates and other documents that act as proof of your loss.
- You must not make any fraudulent claims or use any fraudulent means or devices while making a claim, as this may lead to your policy getting cancelled and your paid premiums being forfeited.
- Any amounts paid to you by Budget Direct that are not covered under this policy must be repaid to them.
- Any salvage that you sent to the insurer remains their property after your claim has been settled.
- You must contact Budget Direct as soon as possible in the event that you require hospitalisation, emergency transportation or repatriation back to Australia so it can approve your request and make the arrangements needed.
- Budget Direct does not cover you for loss or any event liability to the degree covered by any other insurance policy, medical health scheme or an Act of Parliament.
- Any changes that take place between your taking up of this insurance policy and departure for your trip must be communicated to Budget Direct. This includes:
- Any new treatment or prescribed medication.
- Any changes to your treatment or prescribed medications, as well as changes in dosages.
- Any new sickness, illness or injury that required you to get medical advice.
To ensure that you don’t have to worry about an unforeseen event ruining your trip or stay overseas, you should protect yourself by taking up Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance. Budget Direct Essential Travel Insurance covers you for most unforeseen events and give you the freedom to travel without constantly worrying about the unexpected.Back to top