Don't ignore travel insurance for domestic trips. Stay covered with Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance
Many Australian travellers are tempted to set on a trip around Australia without taking up travel insurance, assuming that they are safe with the aid of Medicare and or private health insurance. However, travel insurance protects travellers against more than just health concerns. Domestic travel insurance covers other unexpected events such as travel delays, lost luggage and personal liability. Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance allows you to travel around Australia with peace of mind knowing you’re protected against a host of unseen eventualities.
20% off all full-priced items
Get 20% off all full-priced items at Bed Bath N' Table. Exclusions and T&Cs apply.
Show code & visit sitePR****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteHO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteGE****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteUN****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit sitePT****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteST****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit site10****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit site15****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteFI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Receive a Quote for Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance
What's covered in this policy?
|Key Benefits of Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance||What you are Covered for|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees|
|Cutting Your Trip Short|
|Travel Delay Expenses|
|Luggage and Personal Effects|
|Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess|
|Alternative Transport Expenses|
Who's eligible to purchase Domestic Travel Insurance?
Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance available for all permanent Australian residents aged 100 years or younger. The policy has to be purchased before the commencement of your trip for you to be covered. Non-permanent Australian residents can also purchase the policy if they have their valid Medicare Card, Private Health Fund or their Overseas Student Travel Insurance.
Budget Direct can request for formal documents proving residency or citizenship of the policyholder in the forms listed below, and they are not obliged to pay or provide assistance if none of the following documents are provided:
- copy of your passport
- Australian residency documents
- birth certificate
- copy of valid Medicare Card or Private Health Fund or Overseas Student Travel Insurance.
Applicants for Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance must be at least 18 years old at the time of applying for the policy. Eligible policyholders can purchase travel insurance for their financially dependent children or grandchildren who are below the age of 18.Back to top
What's not covered?
The following general exclusions apply to claims under Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance:
- Any claims you make if the following conditions apply when taking out the insurance policy:
- you have knowledge of a medical condition you have that could lead to a claim
- you are aware that you are terminally ill
- you are travelling against the advice of a doctor.
- Your cancellation and amendment fees cover will not apply if your travel companion or close relative who is not insured under this policy needed the following 90 days prior to the start of the policy:
- surgery or inpatient treatment or consultations with a medical practitioner
- any treatment or prescribed medication
- had been diagnosed with a terminal illness that causes their death
- knew they needed surgery, inpatient care or were awaiting medical tests from a hospital or clinic prior to the start of the policy.
- Claims that relate to an incident which you knew would give rise to the claim before taking up the insurance policy.
- Any claim arising from your suicide or attempted suicide or as a result of you trying to deliberately injure or harm yourself.
- Any claim arising from events such as war, civil war, usurpation of government, a revolution or other similar events.
- Claims arising from your involvement in malicious, reckless or illegal activities.
- Any claim arising from the use of alcohol or drugs unless the drugs were prescribed by a medical practitioner.
- Any claim arising from your involvement in the following activities:
- manual labour connected with business or trade
- missionary work and related travel
- humanitarian work and related travel
- Claims arising from civil riots, blockades, strikes or industrial action that were public knowledge when you booked your domestic trip.
General conditions of this policy
The following conditions apply to Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance:
- You are required to inform Budget Direct of anything that may impact their decision to accept your insurance application e.g. dangerous sporting activities you intend to engage in during your domestic trip.
- You must take all reasonable actions to try and lessen or avoid loss or damage that you intend to make a claim for under your policy.
- All documents that are needed by Direct Budget to deal with your claim must be provided to them at your own cost. Such documents may include vouchers, receipts or documents proving that you were unable to travel.
- All insured persons are required to take a medical exam if so requested by the insurer. In the event of your death, Budget Direct will be entitled to access your post-mortem examination.
- Any amount paid by the insurer that is not covered under your insurance cover must be paid back to them.
- Attempts to make a fraudulent claim could result in your policy getting cancelled and premiums you have paid being forfeited.
- Any salvage that you have sent to the Budget Direct claims department remains their property once your claim is settled.
- The insurer will not cover you for loss or liability to the extent covered by another insurance policy, medical scheme or any Act of Parliament. Benefits which the insurer is prohibited to pay by law will also not be covered.
Budget Direct Domestic Travel Insurance is an affordable and flexible cover option. Compare policies today and find the right cover option for you.Back to top