For travel insurance that's got everything covered, check out Budget Direct's Comprehensive Travel Insurance
Budget Direct offers affordable insurance products that cater to the needs of over 1.5 million Australians. The company keeps its insurance premiums affordable by asking smarter questions which enable them to avoid subsidising ‘high-risk’ customers. This allows them to focus more on the low-risk sector, ensuring that premiums for their insurance products remain low.Budget Direct is a leading Australian insurance provider with innovative insurance products that cover everything from car, travel life and home insurance. Budget Direct has millions of customers across Australia and is well-known for providing policyholders with the cover they want at low premiums. Insuring with Budget Direct insurance will give you access to quality, affordable cover and increased savings.
Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance is designed to offer all-inclusive insurance cover to both frequent and occasional flyers for much less, offering them peace of mind.
Show code & visit siteSA****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit site15****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteFI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteAA****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Receive a Quote for Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance
What are the key benefits of this policy?
|Key Benefits of Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance||What you are covered for|
|Cancellation and Amendment Fees|
|Overseas Medical and Hospital Fees|
|Cutting Your Trip Short|
|Travel Delay Expenses|
|Luggage and Personal Effects|
|Loss of Income|
|Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess|
|Alternative Transport Expenses|
Who is eligible for this insurance?
Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance is only available to travellers who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia. Non-permanent Australian residents who have a valid Medicare Card or Private Health Fund may also apply for this insurance policy. While applying for the policy, you may be required to provide proof in the following forms:
- copy of your passport
- Australian residency documents
- birth certificate
- copy of valid Medicare Card or Private Health Fund
- any other documents proving residency or citizenship.
Australians aged 100 years or below are eligible for this travel insurance policy. The minimum age requirement during the time of application is 18 years, although an eligible person can purchase insurance for their financially dependent children or grandchildren who are below 18 years. The dependents will benefit from full adult cover if they are not travelling with their parents, though children under 16 years of age need to be fully supervised by parents or grandparents while travelling.Back to top
What are the general exclusions?
Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance has several general inclusions that apply to the policy. You will not be covered for claims arising from:
- your suicide or attempted suicide or attempts to deliberately injure yourself
- directly or indirectly being harmed by drugs or alcohol unless the drugs are prescribed by a medical practitioner.
- civil riots, blockades, strikes or any industrial action unless the event was not public knowledge at the time you booked your trip.
- your involvement in any deliberate illegal, malicious or criminal activity.
- the use of a two or three-wheeled vehicle unless you hold a driver’s licence for the
country you’re in or were wearing a helmet if you were a passenger on such as vehicle.
- any incident that you were aware would probably lead to a claim while applying for the policy.
- if you were aware of a medical condition that would lead to a claim, or had been diagnosed with a terminal disease prior to taking up the policy, you will not be covered under the policy for any claims resulting from that condition. Moreover, if you are travelling against the advice of a doctor or are going abroad to receive medical treatment, you will also not be covered.
- your cancellation and amendment fees cover will not kick in if a relative, travelling companion or other person not insured under your policy had:
- needed surgery, inpatient treatment or any medical consultations within a 90 day period prior to the start of the policy
- needed any treatment or prescribed medication
- had been diagnosed with a terminal illness before the policy started.
What general conditions are there?
The following general conditions apply to your Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance.
- You must inform Budget Direct of any matter that may affect their decision to accept your insurance e.g. participating in dangerous sporting activities while on vacation.
- Before you make a claim after your policy, you must take all reasonable steps to reduce or avoid loss or damage.
- You must provide the Budget Direct claims department with all documents they ask for at your own expense. Such documents may include medical certificates, receipts and vouchers.
- If you make a fraudulent claim, this will result in your policy being cancelled and the premiums you have paid being forfeited. You will also be required to repay any benefits you have already received.
- Any salvage sent to the claims department remains the property of the insurer after your claim has been settled.
- Should you require hospitalisation, emergency transportation or repatriation to Australia, you must contact Budget Direct as soon as you can so that the insurer can approve the expenses and make the necessary arrangements.
- The insurer will not cover any loss or liability covered by any other insurance policy, medical scheme or any Act of Parliament.
- Any changes that occur between the date of purchasing your policy and your departure date for your trip should be disclosed to the insurer. This includes:
- any new treatment or prescribed medication
- changes to your treatment or prescribed drugs
- any new illnesses, injuries or medical conditions.
Apply for Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance today
If you are looking for a travel insurance policy that offers you wide-ranging travel protection at low premiums without compromising the your level of cover, then you should take a look at Budget Direct Comprehensive Travel Insurance.Back to top