Buddy Loans Personal Loan
- Maximum loan amount
- Turnaround time
- 24 hours
- Term of loan
- 1 - 12 months
Buddy Loans offer short term finance of $2,000 to $5,000 to bad credit applicants. To get the loan, you’ll have to apply with a guarantor. Your guarantor agrees to become legally and financially responsible in case you can’t pay back your loan. Your guarantor needs to be an Australian homeowner. The loan has a quick turnaround time of 24 hours and has a flexible repayment schedule.
|Product Name||Buddy Loans Personal Loan|
|Minimum loan amount||$2,000|
|Maximum loan amount||$5,000|
|Loan term||1 - 12 months|
|Turnaround time||24 hours|
|Costs||$2000 loan - 20% of the borrowed amount + 4% monthly, $2000 - $5000 loan - $400 establishment fee and 4% per monthly charge.|
|Requirements||You must be over 18 and your guarantor an Australian home owning citizen.|
|Available to Centrelink Borrowers?||No|
How does a personal loan from Buddy Loans work?
Buddy Loans offers short term guarantor loans. This means anyone applying for finance with Buddy Loans will need an Australian homeowner to guarantee the loan. If the person who has applied for the loan cannot meet the repayment requirements, the guarantor becomes legally and financially responsible for it.
Buddy Loans offers up to $5,000, which can be approved within 24 hours once the details of the guarantor are verified. The final loan amount is based on the applicant’s ability to comfortably repay the loan. These loans can be used by applicants who might not have a good credit history or have a few defaults in the past.
Are you struggling financially?
If you're struggling financially and would like to speak to someone for free financial advice, information and assistance you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007 (open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday). If you are suffering financial problems related to the coronavirus pandemic you may be eligible for additional support.
⚠️ Warning about Borrowing
Do you really need a loan today?*
It can be expensive to borrow small amounts of money and borrowing may not solve your money problems.
Check your options before you borrow:
- For information about other options for managing bills and debts, ring 1800 007 007 from anywhere in Australia to talk to a free and independent financial counsellor
- Talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan
- If you are on government benefits, ask if you can receive an advance from Centrelink: Phone: 13 17 94
The Government's MoneySmart website shows you how small amount loans work and suggests other options that may help you.
* This statement is an Australian Government requirement under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009.
Features and benefits to consider
- Bad credit option. As Buddy Loans require a guarantor, it is possible to for people with bad credit to apply. Buddy Loans also assesses applications manually, which allows decisions to be made based on the current situation, instead of past credit records.
- Simple terms. The terms of the loan are quite simple. Once an applicant gets a guarantor they can apply for a suitable loan and choose a repayment schedule. The entire process is easy to understand and follow.
- Quick turnaround time. Buddy Loans can offer approval and fund transfers in as little as 24 hours.
- Flexible repayment schedule. The repayment schedule can be chosen according to the capacity of the applicant.
- Loan limits. Applications can be made for $2,000 to $5,000.
Fees and charges
- For loans up to $2,000 with terms of less than one year, there is an establishment fee of 20% of the borrowed amount and a charge of 4% per month.
- For loans from $2,000 to $5,000, there is a $400 establishment fee and 4% per month charge.
- There are no additional charges or fees and early repayment will not incur any penalties.
How to apply for a loan from Buddy Loans
If this loan is suitable for your needs, you can click ‘Go to site’ on this page and start the application process. The online application is quick and you can get a response within ten minutes of applying. Before you start the application, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Age. The applicant must be over 18 years of age.
- Guarantor requirements. The guarantor must be an Australian citizen and be a homeowner. A mortgage on the house is acceptable.
- Personal details. Your name and date of birth need to be provided.
- Contact details. The contact details that need to be submitted include your mobile phone number, home phone number and email.
While people who need short term finance and have poor credit may want to consider this loan, it does place a lot of responsibility on the guarantor. This makes it important to look at all the details and weigh up the costs and potential risks before deciding to apply.
Compare Other Payday Loans
Whilst we don't compare Buddy Loans Small Personal loan directly, here are some other loans that are similar.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
November 07, 2018
Need a loan for bond
John Basanes Finder
November 12, 2018
Thank you for reaching out to finder.
If you wish to take out a small personal loan then you are on the correct page. Kindly review and compare your options on the table displaying the available providers. Once you have chosen a particular provider, you may then click on the “Go to site” button and you will be redirected to the provider’s website where you can proceed with the application or get in touch with their representatives for further inquiries you may have.Before applying, please ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria and read through the details of the needed requirements as well as the relevant Product Disclosure Statements/Terms and Conditions when comparing your options before making a decision on whether it is right for you. Hope this helps!
Show more Show less
October 08, 2018
How do I apply for a Buddy Loan of $5000 when there is no site to apply???
September 24, 2018
I am looking for a fast loan I have bad credit and are unemployed. Tired of searching the net.
September 24, 2018
Thank you for your comment.
It can be harder to get a loan if you’re unemployed, but it is possible. If you’re planning to apply for a Buddy Loan, please ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above. If you meet the criteria, you may click the Go
However, even if you don’t have a job and have a bad credit score, there are still options available to you as long as you have an alternative source of income. You may check our list offer lenders offering loans for unemployed and bad credit loans. You can also compare the lenders that offer loans for such circumstances on the said pages. Once done comparing, you may apply by clicking the “Go to site” button.
Please make sure that you’ve read the relevant T&Cs or PDS of the loan products before making a decision and consider whether the product is right for you.
Should you wish to have real-time answers to your questions, try our chatbox on the lower right corner of our page.
Show more Show less
April 28, 2018
Hi to all, I need a loan. I’m not working but I’m on d.s.p centrelink in Melbourne Victoria. I have got a bad credit rating. Thanks.
Jeni Velasco Finder
April 28, 2018
Thank you for getting in touch with Finder.
It is possible that you may be eligible for a pensioner loan as long as you meet eligibility criteria that vary between lenders. Some lenders often have restrictions as to what percentage of your income can be made up of benefits (usually 50% if the restriction is in place). Another common restriction is that your loan repayments can’t exceed a certain percentage of your Centrelink income (typically 20%). You can press the link above to see our list of brands that may consider you for a loan.
Kindly press the name of the lender to be redirected to our review page and learn more about the lender’s loan offer, rates and requirements as well as the pros and cons of using their loan service. When you are ready, you may then click on the “Go to site” button and you will be redirected to the lender’s website where you can proceed with the application or get in touch with their representatives for further inquiries you may have.
Before applying, please ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria and read through the details of the needed requirements as well as the relevant Product Disclosure Statements/Terms and Conditions when comparing your options before making a decision on whether it is right for you. You can also contact the provider if you have specific questions.
If you’re experiencing financial hardship and would like to speak to someone for free financial counselling, you can call the Financial Counsellors hotline on 1800 007 007. It is open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
I hope this helps.
Have a great day!
Show more Show less