Receive cover for up to 50 different medical conditions with BT Living Insurance
Trauma insurance, also known as living insurance, provides you with a lump sum payment should you be diagnosed with any of a wide range of medical conditions. The type of condition you will be covered for varies between different insurance companies with the fewer conditions covered the lower the price of the insurance.
BT living Insurance provides support if you suffer a specific medical condition such as cancer, heart attack or coma. The policy can be adjusted at any time so you can be sure it continues to meet your cover requirements. Keep reading to learn more of the benefits of BT Living Insurance or submit your details in the form to receive a quote and start your application.
What does the policy cover?
|Included Benefits||Living Insurance as an additional benefit to term life||Standalone Living|
|Living Benefit and Living Benefit Plus|
|Future Insurability Benefit|
|Financial Planning Benefit|
|Child Support Benefit|
|Living Buy Back Benefit|
|Living Insurance Death Benefit|
|Business Cover Benefit|
|Living Reinstatement Benefit|
|Double Living Benefit|
Conditions apply, make sure you read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before applying. Information last checked as correct in January 2018 and is subject to change at anytime.
What does Living Insurance from BT Provide?
BT living insurance is able to help if you're suffering from a long list of medical conditions that include things like the loss of a limb, a heart attack, being diagnosed with cancer etc.
BT living insurance make a difference in that it will provide you with a lump sum amount of money to pay such things as:
- Any necessary lifestyle changes
- Pay you while you take time off work to come to terms with your new situation
- Cover any extra medical expenses you might need
- Provide you with enough money to invest in order to create a cash flow for ongoing living expenses
- Additional cash to top-up your income protection insurance
You can package your BT living insurance with your term life and income protection insurance if you wish or purchase the cover as a standalone policy. Whichever way you want to organise your total insurance cover you'll find BT living insurance will cover you for over 40 specified injuries and illnesses. It's also invaluable for providing you with the following:
- A $10,000 death benefit
- Built in inflation protection
- Renew-ability guaranteed
- Advance benefit payment
BT living insurance is life insurance for the living, there for you at the time when you need it most.
BT Living Insurance exclusions to be aware of
Your BT Living Insurance claim will not be paid if:
- It is caused by an intentional self-inflicted act or suicide
- It is for an accident or sickness while you are under the influence of alcohol, non-prescription drugs or drugs taken in excess of prescribed amounts
- It is caused by any act of war
- It is caused by you engaging in a sport, pastime or occupation that the insurer would normally decline to offer cover for, or only offer cover for with a premium loading or exclusion
- It is caused by a pre-existing condition
Purchase living insurance as a standalone policy or bundle with your life insurance
You can either have living insurance added to you BT term life insurance policy or purchase it as a standalone policy whichever way you choose the full level of insurance cover offered in a BT living Insurance policy is available for you to peruse in the BT Protection Plans Product Disclosure Statement that can be viewed online. It includes the following:
- Inflation protection. As inflation increases your benefits will grow in value at the same rate as the CPI. This means your cover will be always retain the same value. The guaranteed upgrades will give you the certainty of knowing that your policy will be automatically upgraded with no additional charge.
- Your policy is guaranteed renewable. No matter what your health in future years your policy renewal will be guaranteed until the term of cover expires.
- Worldwide cover. No matter where you find yourself in the world you will have the same cover 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Approved medical conditions that you can claim against. Besides being covered against occasioning a heart attack, cancer, coronary by-pass, stroke or loss of a limb, you are covered against contacting more than 50 other specified injuries and medical conditions.
- A loyalty benefit is paid if you keep your policy with BT for three years. It will be in the form of paying you an extra 5 percent of any benefit you successfully claim for without you having to pay any extra.
- Living Benefit Plus introduction. Existing customers with Living Benefit will automatically be upgraded to Living Benefit Plus. New customers will have a choice between Living Benefit and Living Benefit Plus. The advantage of Living Benefit Plus is that it will give you a wider range of medical conditions to insure yourself against. There is also an Advancement Benefit to take into consideration.
- Living Insurance Death Benefit. If you purchase a stand alone policy you can also benefit from the BT Living Insurance Death Benefit that pays the same insured amount on your death as it would have for the medical condition or injury suffered.
- Needlestick benefit for medical professionals. A lump sum amount will be paid if a medical professional contracts Hepatitis B or C or HIV while practising their usual occupation.
- Children's benefit and Child support benefit are both featured in BT Living Insurance policies. The Children's benefit will be paid if the insured child contracts any of a wide range of specific medical conditions.
- Financial Planning and Counselling benefits. These are available if the trauma was such that you felt the need for a financial planner to hep restructure you finances to enable you to face the future with a feeling of financial security. Counselling up to a value of $5,000 is also available to assist you into coming to terms with your new lifestyle. There is also a living reinstatement benefit that will allow your policy to be reinstated after a claim has been made and paid out on.
Who is eligible for BT Living Insurance?
The following entry age limits apply to BT Living Insurance:
- Stepped premiums: You must be aged between 15 and 59 years
- Level 65 premiums (level premiums to age 65): You must be aged between 15 and 59 years
- Level 55 premiums (level premiums to age 55): You must be aged between 15 and 49 years
The expiry age review date is on or following your 75th birthday. In addition, your personal circumstances, the purpose of your cover and the benefits you select will also have an effect on the amount of cover you can apply for.