Travel to destinations all over the world with British Airways and take advantage of promo codes to enjoy great discounts.
British Airways is a global airline and the national carrier in the UK. The airline serves an extensive global network and flies across all continents. British Airways has been in existence for over 90 years and is the largest airline in the UK, operating in about 80 countries. The airline is based in London and is the founding member of the Oneworld airline alliance. It is also one of the creators of the International Airlines Group (IAG), which is listed in the FTSE 100 Index and London Stock Exchange.
Most importantly, British Airways offers competitive airfares and a range of holiday packages. Globetrotter? Yeah, you are.
Important Information about British Airways
British Airways promo codes and offers for October 2016
How do I use my British Airways promo code?
How do I use my British Airways promo code?
1. Pick a British Airways promo code to use and click on it to access the main website.
2. Select Australia as your country.
You can start looking for flights to your destination using the search tool.
3. Start planning your trip by selecting the flight class, departure, destination and ticket type. Click on ‘Find flights’.
4. Check the flights available and choose your outbound and inbound flights. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Continue’.
5. Review your flight details.
6. Get your flight discount by submitting your promo code in the space provided.
7. Complete the payment process.
Top British Airways destinations
British Airways classes and inclusions
*Checked baggage allowance varies depending on where you're flying. It's best to check your ticket's conditions for the exact allowance on your flight.
If you're travelling in economy or premium economy, two pieces of checked baggage are permitted. If you're flying to Brazil, each bag can be 32kg each. For flights everywhere else, each bag can only be a maximum of 23 kg each.
If you have a fully flexible Y class economy ticket that's been booked after 11 August 2015, only one checked bag up to 23 kg is permitted up.
If you're travelling in business or first class, two pieces of checked baggage up to 32kg each are permitted, regardless of where you're going. Flights to and from London City in Biz Bed or first class are allowed to bring a third piece of luggage, also up to 32kg each.
British Airways check-in
British Airways offers three check-in options: online, one your mobile, or at the airport.
- Online check-in: Visit the British Airways website to begin the check-in process. You'll need your booking reference number and correct spelling of your last-name to check-in.
- Mobile check-in: Download the free British Airways app. Once logged into the app, you'll be able to access your flight information and check in, choose your seats, and download a mobile boarding pass.
- At the airport: Go to the allocated British Airways counter at your departure point. Ground staff will be able to assist you with checking in and take your baggage.
Pros and cons of British Airways
- Convenience. The British Airways site makes it convenient for you to book your flight and holiday package by allowing you to browse their best deals and book your flights from home.
- Great service. The airline prides itself on offering friendly, personalised, and professional service.
- Wide destination network. British Airways has a wide travel route network with destinations in more than 80 countries.
- Deals and discounts. There are lots of opportunities to save with British Airways. finder.com.au offers British Airways promo codes, which you can use to save on your flight. You can also access flight and destination deals pages to see what sales are currently on.
- It's important to book early. Late bookings may cost more than early bookings, and if you book too late your flight may be sold out meaning you'll have to look at other carriers and potentially higher prices.
Booking guide for British Airways
Booking a flight with British Airways is easy. There's a search portal on the homepage where you can search for flights available from your location to your desired destination. Firstly, input your flight details, including the number of passengers, and the airport you'd like to land at, and your dates of travel. Once you've completed filling in the details of your trip, you'll be given a list of flights you can book on your chosen dates, as well as detailed information on stopovers if there are no direct flights available.
Once you’ve selected your outbound and inbound flight, you can then select options (seats, meals). When you're satisfied with all your selections, input your payment details and complete your purchase.
Refunds, exchanges and returns for British Airways
British Airways welcomes refund requests if you are unable to find a suitable seat as a result of an aircraft change. You can also request a refund if there are flight disruptions which force you to another flight. In order for your refund to be eligible, you must make your request within 14 days of your flight, and can do this easily over the internet. Refunds are made using the original means of payment.
You cannot claim a refund if you cancel your flight or are upgraded by the airline. Read through the British Airways refund policy for a comprehensive look at when you can and cannot claim a refund.
About British Airways and its history
British Airways is the largest airline in the UK and has its headquarters in England. BA, as it is known as, is said to be the largest airline in the UK due to its fleet size and the number of destinations and flights it serves daily. The airline has been in existence for over 90 years and was one of the founders of the International Airlines Group (IAG) and the Oneworld alliance.
British Airways online presence makes it even easier to book and manage your flight and holiday reservations.