Enjoy 25,000 bonus points, a $0 annual fee and complimentary travel insurance with a card that shows your team colours.
The CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Platinum is a rewards card that offers you 1 point for every $1 you spend on purchases. If you apply by 31 March 2019, you can collect a bonus 25,000 reward points by spending $1,500 on purchases in the first three months.
It offers an introductory rate of 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for the first 13 months with no balance transfer fee. Plus, you'll save with a $0 annual fee for the life of the card.
|Product Name||CUA Brisbane Heat supporters' Platinum Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||CUA Life Rich Rewards Program|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 13 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Offer end date||31 March 2019|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.74% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$0 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||$35 or 3% of the closing balance, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$12.50|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the cash advance amount, with minimum of $3.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||9|
- Enjoy $0 annual fee for the life of the card.
- Receive 25,000 bonus points when you apply by 31 March 2019 and spend $1,500 in the first 3 months.
- Introductory balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 13 months.
- Enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- A standard cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. applies at the end of the promotional balance transfer period.
|Rewards Program||CUA Life Rich Rewards Program|
|Bonus Points||25,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||100,000|
Features and benefits of the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Platinum credit card
Here are the key perks you can enjoy with this platinum rewards card:
- $0 annual fee. This card offers a $0 annual fee for the life of the card, saving you $149 p.a.
- 25,000 bonus points. You will get a bonus 25,000 CUA Life Rich reward points with this card if you apply by 31 March 2019 and are approved, and then spend $1,500 on eligible purchases in the first three months.
- 0% on balance transfers for 13 months. If you have existing credit card debt you want to pay off, this card offers an introductory 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 13 months with no balance transfer fee. The standard variable cash advance rate of 21.74% p.a. will apply to any debt left over at the end of the introductory period.
- Brisbane Heat benefits. This card comes with the Brisbane Heat logo and colours on it and gives you access to a free Heat VR App that offers you a virtual reality tour of the Gabba and exclusive Brisbane Heat video content.
- Rewards program. This card earns 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, with a spending cap of $100,000 per year. You can redeem your points for a range of travel and lifestyle rewards available through the CUA Life Rich Rewards program. Note that you won’t be eligible to earn points on the following transactions: cash advances, gambling transactions, government charges, bank fees and charges, balance transfers and account adjustments from disputed transactions.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Use the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Platinum card to pay for at least $500 of your travel costs before you go overseas to activate the complimentary international travel insurance cover available through this card. This insurance can also cover an eligible spouse and/or dependents travelling with you. If you pay for your entire trip on the card, you’ll also enjoy complimentary transit accident insurance to help cover the cost of any injuries that may arise when you’re travelling on a plane, bus, train or short-haul ferry. For full cover details and requirements, refer to the CUA Platinum credit card terms and conditions available on the CUA website.
- Complimentary purchase protection insurance. Get peace of mind with up to 90 consecutive days of worldwide cover against loss, theft or accidental damage for eligible items you pay for with your CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Platinum Mastercard.
- Contactless and mobile payments. This credit card is compatible with both Apple Pay and Google Pay. It also offers contactless payments at the checkout.
Rates and fees of the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Platinum credit card
Keep these costs in mind when deciding if this CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ credit card is right for you:
- Purchase rate. This card charges a standard variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a. for purchases.
- Interest-free days on purchases. If you pay your account off in full by the due date on each statement, you can get up to 55 days interest free on purchases. Note that interest-free days are not available for cash advances or if you carry a balance from a balance transfer.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to get cash out or for any other cash advance transaction, a variable interest rate of 21.74% p.a. will apply. Note that this rate also applies for any balance transfer debt remaining at the end of the promotional period.
- International transaction fee. A fee worth 3.4% of the transaction value applies when you use this card overseas or to pay for online purchases with a merchant based overseas.
How to apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Platinum credit card
You can apply for the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Platinum Mastercard online in a few minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the essential documents and details on hand.
- Are you at least 18 years of age? You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a credit card in Australia.
- Are you an Australian citizen or permanent resident? You can only apply for this credit card if you’re a permanent resident or Australian citizen.
Documents and details
- Personal information. You’ll need to provide a range of personal details, including your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and contact number. You also need to share a valid form of identification, such as your driver’s licence, passport or Medicare card.
- Employment details. This includes your employment status, salary and your employer’s contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or your latest tax assessment notice to confirm these details.
- Financial information. You’ll need to include information about any other sources of income or assets such as savings accounts, shares and investments. You also need to share details of any existing debts and estimate your household spending on essentials such as rent/mortgage payments, groceries, transport and electricity bills.
With bonus points, a 0% balance transfer rate for the first 13 months and a $0 annual fee, the CUA Brisbane Heat supporters’ Platinum credit card offers a range of potential benefits if you’re a new customer. Just remember to look at the ongoing features and costs of the card when deciding if it’s right for you.Back to top