Flights to Brisbane
Everything you need to know about flying in and out of Brisbane.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Brisbane Airport is one of Australia’s busiest international and domestic airports, with direct flights to dozens of destinations from the country and connections available to a handful more. Queensland is a much-loved holiday destinations for Australians thanks to the extensive variety of entertainment and activities in close proximity including theme parks, wildlife sanctuaries, beaches and day trip spots.
This guide will give you all the information you need regarding ground transport options, and airlines that fly into and out of the airport.
Cheap Brisbane flight deals
Brisbane flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 1 hr 30 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 2 hrs 10 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 5 hrs + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Adelaide: Approximately 2 hrs 20 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
Airlines that fly to Brisbane
- Virgin Australia
Brisbane insider flight tips
- Brisbane Airport is Brisbane's main airport but you can also fly to Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast, which is about 90 minutes from the city.
- Brisbane Airport is Australia's third busiest airport and has two modern terminals.
- The airport can get quite busy, especially during the Australian school holiday periods. Compared to Coolangatta, you may find flying into Brisbane Airport less hectic during peak periods. If you plan to spend your time on the Gold Coast, you can rent a car and drive down, returning the car back to the airport before your departure.
Brisbane’s Airtrain offers convenient services between the airport, Brisbane city and the Gold Coast, as well as transfers between the domestic and international terminals. Airtrain operates every day between 5:45am and 10pm, and departs every 15 minutes during peak hour.
Car rental desks are available at all terminals. Alternatively, an Uber driver can pick you up from passenger pick-up areas, but they can’t park at regular taxi ranks. A taxi into the city centre costs $25–$30, and you can find one at designated taxi ranks outside the terminals.
More guides on Finder
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2021
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2021
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Cheap flights to Tasmania for 2021
From the best prices to where the airport is, here is everything you need to know about flying to Tasmania.
Cheap Norfolk Island flights to book in 2021
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Norfolk Island.
Cheap Alice Springs flights to book in 2021
ompare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Alice Springs Airport (ASP).
Cheap Vanuatu flights to book in 2021
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Vanuatu.
Cheap Broome flights to book in 2021
Compare airfares, learn when to book your flights for the best price and get the latest deals on flights to Broome.
Ask an Expert