Flights to Brisbane
Everything you need to know about flying in and out of Brisbane.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Brisbane Airport is one of Australia’s busiest international and domestic airports, with direct flights to dozens of destinations from the country and connections available to a handful more. Queensland is a much-loved holiday destinations for Australians thanks to the extensive variety of entertainment and activities in close proximity including theme parks, wildlife sanctuaries, beaches and day trip spots.
This guide will give you all the information you need regarding ground transport options, and airlines that fly into and out of the airport.
Cheap Brisbane flight deals
Brisbane flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 1 hr 30 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 2 hrs 10 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 5 hrs + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Adelaide: Approximately 2 hrs 20 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
Airlines that fly to Brisbane
- Virgin Australia
Brisbane insider flight tips
- Brisbane Airport is Brisbane's main airport but you can also fly to Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast, which is about 90 minutes from the city.
- Brisbane Airport is Australia's third busiest airport and has two modern terminals.
- The airport can get quite busy, especially during the Australian school holiday periods. Compared to Coolangatta, you may find flying into Brisbane Airport less hectic during peak periods. If you plan to spend your time on the Gold Coast, you can rent a car and drive down, returning the car back to the airport before your departure.
Brisbane’s Airtrain offers convenient services between the airport, Brisbane city and the Gold Coast, as well as transfers between the domestic and international terminals. Airtrain operates every day between 5:45am and 10pm, and departs every 15 minutes during peak hour.
Car rental desks are available at all terminals. Alternatively, an Uber driver can pick you up from passenger pick-up areas, but they can’t park at regular taxi ranks. A taxi into the city centre costs $25–$30, and you can find one at designated taxi ranks outside the terminals.
More guides on Finder
Europe 2021 anyone? This Qatar Airways sale has dropped global fares from $1,159
EXPIRED: Book a flexible ticket now with the option to travel when you're ready. The streets of Spain, Italy, Greece, England and Turkey await with these flexible tickets that can be used for up to 24 months.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in January 2021
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Queensland travel restrictions | What’s open in January 2021?
Here’s everything you need to know about travelling in Australia’s sunshine state in January 2021.
June long weekend travel deals 2021
What you need to know before taking a break over the June long weekend, from how far you can travel to the best deals on flights, accommodation and car hire.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Australia-New Zealand travel bubble
What you need to know about the trans-Tasman travel bubble reopening between New Zealand and Australia.
How I got into the Qantas First Lounge with a Jetstar domestic flight
Experiencing Qantas' best lounge without leaving the country.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Ask Finder: Do I still earn points if my flight is cancelled or changed?
Scoring frequent flyer points can get tricky when flights are altered – here's what you need to know.
Ask an Expert