Everything you need to know about flying in and out of Brisbane.
Brisbane Airport is one of Australia’s busiest international and domestic airports, with direct flights to dozens of destinations from the country and connections available to a handful more. Queensland is a much-loved holiday destinations for Australians thanks to the extensive variety of entertainment and activities in close proximity including theme parks, wildlife sanctuaries, beaches and day trip spots.
This guide will give you all the information you need regarding ground transport options, and airlines that fly into and out of the airport.
How much you can expect to pay for cheap flights to Brisbane
A domestic flight to Brisbane is a simple journey that requires a quick plane ride. Here's what's considered to be a good deal compared to the average cost of a domestic flight to Brisbane.
Flights to Brisbane from Sydney
Flights to Brisbane from Melbourne
Flights to Brisbane From Perth
Flights to Brisbane from Adelaide
Brisbane flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 1 hr 30 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 2 hrs 10 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 5 hrs + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
- From Adelaide: Approximately 2 hrs 20 mins + when flying direct to Brisbane Airport
Airlines that fly to Brisbane
- Virgin Australia
- Brisbane Airport is Brisbane's main airport but you can also fly to Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast, which is about 90 minutes from the city.
- Brisbane Airport is Australia's third busiest airport and has two modern terminals.
- The airport can get quite busy, especially during the Australian school holiday periods. Compared to Coolangatta, you may find flying into Brisbane Airport less hectic during peak periods. If you plan to spend your time on the Gold Coast, you can rent a car and drive down, returning the car back to the airport before your departure.
Brisbane’s Airtrain offers convenient services between the airport, Brisbane city and the Gold Coast, as well as transfers between the domestic and international terminals. Airtrain operates every day between 5:45am and 10pm, and departs every 15 minutes during peak hour.
Car rental desks are available at all terminals. Alternatively, an Uber driver can pick you up from passenger pick-up areas, but they can’t park at regular taxi ranks. A taxi into the city centre costs $25–$30, and you can find one at designated taxi ranks outside the terminals.