Bridge climbing in Brisbane: We compare your options
See Brisbane from the top of the Story Bridge.
The Story Bridge Adventure Climb is a unique way and exciting way to see Brisbane's sights.
The climb sees you walk almost a kilometre of the bridge's superstructure and peaks at the viewing platform at the summit of the bridge. This is 80 metres above the Brisbane River and provides panoramic views of the city. You don't need experience to be able to climb and it's safe for children 10+ to join in the fun. You'll be given a full safety briefing and equipment prior to your climb and a guide will lead you to the summit and back, with commentary.
Where can I do bridge climbing in Brisbane?
The Story Bridge Adventure Climb is based at Kangaroo Point, in the heart of the city. The bridge runs north/south joining Kangaroo Point to Brisbane City and Fortitude Valley with the Brisbane River below.
Story Bridge Climbing options and where to book them
They charge the same price typically but if they have a coupon code available you could score a neat little discount. Also, if you're purchasing the climb as a gift and the giftee isn't sold out the climb, they have the opportunity to exchange it for something else.
Best for views: Twilight Climb from RedBalloon
- The most popular time to climb the bridge as you get the best of day and night views
- Journey to the top of the bridge during the daylight hours and enjoy the sunset over the city as you begin your descent
- Witness the transformation of the city from day to night
Best for experienced climbers: Night climb from RedBalloon
- A stunning way to enjoy the city lights and the evening atmosphere
- Climb to the top of the bridge and then down into the centre of the structure itself
- See the glittering panorama of Brisbane and its surrounds lit up by city lights
Best for value Day Climb from Adrenaline
- Enjoy climbing the Story Bridge at a relaxed pace
- The best visibility of all the climbs
- Panoramic views of Brisbane’s sights including the Brisbane River and Southbank
- A full 2-hour experience for just $129
Best for first timers: Dawn Climb from Adrenaline
- Watch Brisbane come to life from the top of the Story Bridge
- A perfect introduction to the city for first-time visitors
- See the sun rise over Moreton Bay and welcome in the new day
- The crisp morning views make for a great photo on top of the bridge
Best for price: Express Climb from finder.com.au
- Climb at a quicker pace for those in search of the fastest ascent
- See the sights and learn all about the history of Story Bridge for only $119
- An energetic experience that’s sure to get your legs and heart pumping
- Take in views of the Glass House Mountains and Moreton Bay
Story Bridge climbing options compared
|Name of climb||Price (adult/child)||Duration||Extras/inclusions||Book with|
|Express Climb||$119||1.5 hours||All equipment and instruction 1 free photo||Story Bridge Adventure Climb|
|Day Climb||$129||2 hours||All equipment and instruction 1 free photo||RedBalloon or Adrenaline|
|Night Climb||$139||2 hours||All equipment and instruction 1 free photo||RedBalloon or|
|Dawn Climb||$159||2 hours||All equipment and instruction 1 free photo||RedBalloon or Adrenaline|
|Twilight Climb||$159||2 hours||All equipment and instruction 1 free photo||RedBalloon or Adrenaline|
Ask an Expert