Stressed and confused over how to choose your bridesmaids’ dresses? Get tips and find great deals from top online retailers right here plus our 30 best friend-approved bridesmaid dream dresses.
You want your girlfriends to look and feel like a million bucks, so finding the perfect dress is key. This is your ultimate guide to finding affordable and stunning bridesmaid dresses before the big day. Sit tight, we're going to make it easy for you!
Matchy matchy or everything different, pretty palettes and a mix of hues. Here's a fresh take on wow-worthy bridesmaid dresses and accessories for the modern woman.
Things to think about when choosing the bridesmaids’ dresses
Bridesmaids play a big part of your special day and it's important to make sure they love how they look just as much as you do. Finding the right bridesmaid dresses can be a little stressful, use these tips below to help get the process started.
- Start choosing for the dresses early. When choosing your bridesmaids dresses make sure you have ample time for any alterations and fittings that might be needed. Aim to choose the dresses at least four months before your wedding date.
- Consider different body sizes and shapes. One dress type and design may not work for every body type, so consider getting different designs for your bridesmaids so everyone is comfortable. If you would prefer your party to wear the same design, then look for a design that goes with a range of body sizes and shapes.
- Setting and scene. The time and type of your wedding will determine the type of bridesmaids’ dresses to choose. The formality of the wedding and the time of the year will play a major role on the type of fabric, design and length of the dress, and even the colour of the dresses. Brocade is great for winter weddings while chiffon is perfect for summer time and outdoor weddings.
- Get the opinion of your bridesmaids. Your bridesmaids are your favourite women in your life so it is always prudent that you also get their input as you choose the dresses they will wear. This will help you get different opinions and perspectives that might make things easier. It also saves the trouble that comes with having a disgruntled bridal party.
- Budget. There are so many dresses to choose from all at different prices, and it can be easy to get carried away and forget to set your price range. If the bridesmaids are in-charge of paying for their dresses, it is important to talk to them and come up with a reasonable price range before deciding on your preferred dress.
When you finally find those perfect bridesmaids’ dresses, it is important to check how the dresses fit and how they move as you dance and walk around.
How to choose the right colour of bridesmaids’ dresses
Choosing the bridesmaids’ dresses can be a very challenging task which may turn out to be worse than choosing your wedding gown. The task becomes more difficult when trying to choose the right colour for the dresses. The following tips are to help you settle on the right colour palette for the bridal party.
- Complement your look. As the bride, this is your special day and things should revolve around you. This applies to the bridesmaids’ dresses and the colour you choose. Carry a small sample of your wedding gown and compare to the dresses you are checking out to make sure that the colours blend. This is particularly important for your photos.
- Wedding theme. The theme you have chosen for your wedding day can help you choose the colour of bridesmaids’ dresses. If it's a modern wedding you're after, you can choose black and white. For vintage weddings, softer muted colours are great. The bohemian style wedding can incorporate light dusty blush tones. If you are going for a uniform look, a combination of colours will also provide a good guide. Your ceremony and reception areas should also count when choosing your colours.
- Season. The time of the year in which you have wedding should serve as a pointer as to the colours to choose. If your wedding is in autumn, you can go with deep colours such as chocolate, while light and bright colours are great for summer or spring weddings.
- Bridesmaids’ complexion. Not all colours will work with every hair colour and every skin complexion. This is important to consider when choosing the colour of the dresses, as your bridesmaids will have different colour tones. Try to find a middle ground as it might be hard to find a colour that will suit everyone.
- Keep things simple and elegant. With so many options, it might get a little overwhelming, but it is important to remember to keep things simple. This applies to the number of colours you choose for the dresses and also the accompanying accessories. If you are looking at prints instead of solid colours, it is important to keep the rest of the look simple. This can be accomplished using jewellery, hairstyles, and shoes.
Back to top
How to save money on bridesmaid dresses
When it comes to shopping for a bridesmaid dress, it can be tricky sticking within the budget, the temptation to go with a beautiful gown that's over budget is a struggle all too real. We women can get dress-obsessed easily! Trust us. To help you with this, below you'll find some tips on how to save money when shopping for bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Order the dresses with plenty of time. Retailers require time to alter the dress measurements and time for shipping the dress. This means that you must make your order in advance to avoid rush delivery, which costs extra.
- Shop for last season’s styles. The latest styles and designs might be attractive to the eye but they are usually the most expensive ones. If you are on a budget, try browsing through the previous season’s designs and styles for something that is more within your price range, yet still beautiful.
- Take advantage of sales and discounts. Sales and coupons provide the best time for you to buy your dresses at a lower price, making a dress that might normally be expensive affordable enough for everyone. Sites such as finder.com.au will be extremely helpful by giving you access to discounts and promo codes. Some retailers also offer discounts to brides who purchase both their gowns and bridesmaids’ dresses together.
- Consider second-hand dresses. As most bridesmaids’ dresses are only worn once, it might be a good idea to buy second-hand dresses from other online retailers. Most wedding parties sell their dresses as a package so you can get everyone’s dresses at once. This is the easiest way to get discounts and save some money on your purchases.
Current deals and specials
Show code & visit siteUN****
Show code & visit siteNE****
Pop the champagne ladies, your dream dresses are out there.