Find the perfect accessories for your special day!
We're here to make picking and purchasing the perfect bridal accessories as easy as possible.
The right jewellery is nearly as important as picking your wedding dress. Accessories are the cherry on top of your outfit after all. So whether you're someone who likes a lot of bling or you prefer a more subtle style, we've got the five most important things every bride needs to know when choosing wedding jewellery.
1. Match your metals to your dress
White gowns: Platinum or silver pieces look the prettiest with this bright gown.
Ivory gowns: In order to enhance this creamy shade, wear gold jewellery.
Champagne gowns: In order to compliment the warm tones of a champagne dress, wear gold jewellery. However, if you're a fan of the vintage look, pairing the dress with silver and rhinestones will give you the stunning antique look.
Blush gowns: If you're interested in wearing something a little different, then go for rose gold. The pink cast in the metal will coordinate with the soft pink of the dress, but if you'd rather have the classic look, then silver will go well too!
2. Less is more
As a general rule of thumb, less can be more. Overdoing it with jewellery can take away from the dress or just make the look a bit too busy and overwhelming. Therefore, if you're ever unsure, just remember that less is more. Sometimes a small pair of earrings is all you need to dress up the look!
3. What does your neckline look like?
Other than matching the colour of your dress to the type of metal, you want to match the style of dress to the type of jewellery. If you're wearing a V-necked or strapless dress, a standard necklace looks lovely. If you're wearing a high-necked dress, you may want to skip the necklace and go for some statement earrings to avoid overdoing your décolletage area.
4. Take it slow. Choose in your own time.
When making wedding decisions, it's easy to get overwhelmed by all the choices there are to make. Take it slow by just picking one piece of jewellery that you absolutely love. Then if you see anything else similar that you like, it will fall into place. If you're still in doubt, you can never go wrong with diamonds or pearls.
5. Stick to what you know
One of the biggest mistakes that brides can make is trying to dress in ways they don't normally. Of course you want to look special on your special day, but always remember to be yourself. If standard jewellery isn't your cup of tea and you like to wear something daring, then do it. If you're not big on jewellery, then go for more subtle pieces. It's all up to you!
The 10 commandments of wedding jewellery
- Buy your dress first! You can't match your accessories to a dress that doesn't exist.
- Match the stones of your dress to your jewellery! Use crystals with crystals, rhinestones with rhinestones and pearls with pearls.
- Don't overdo it. The big deal is your dress and you don't want to take away from that.
- Bring your headpiece when trying on earrings.
- Don't go cheap. Even if you're on a budget, allow yourself a bit of a splurge.
- Mix it up. If you're changing your dress for the reception, why not change your jewellery too?
- Stick to one metal. Choose one option and stick with it otherwise it can look a little messy.
- Ensure your jewellery is timeless. Don't reach for something super trendy because you'll want to wear it after your wedding day!
- If you want big jewellery, only choose one statement piece.
- You don't need to match!
Gold jewellery is as classic as it gets, and sometimes you just can't go past the classics. It definitely compliments tan or deep skin tones beautifully and goes best with ivory-coloured wedding dresses.
Samantha Wills World From Here Stud Earrings
MIMCO Waver Long Necklace
Utopian Adventure Threaders
Silver is a timeless piece that tends to go with everything, but looks absolutely stunning on those with fair skin. It matches well with white dresses and is a perfect option if you're after a more subtle look.
AMBRA AMBC035 Teardrop Pendant Necklace
SILVER ROUND DIAMANTE PAVE STONE CUFF WRISTWEAR
Rose Gold Jewellery
Rose gold jewellery is becoming more and more popular. It looks elegant on all skin tones and is perfect for someone who wants to wear something different and step out of their comfort zone.
Samantha Wills Fleeting Movements Pearl Necklace
TIERED PINK STONE STUD EARRINGS
Olivia Burton Drop Bar Bracelet