Brave the ruins of Russia in Metro Exodus
Grab your gas masks, because Artyom is back for another journey through post-apocalyptic Russia.
A new game in the Metro series was revealed this morning at Microsoft's E3 press conference. Called Metro Exodus, the post-apocalyptic FPS looks to take more of an open-world approach than previous Metro games, with the gameplay trailer showing the protagonist using a map and binoculars to scout Moscow's ruined landscape.
Mainstay features of the Metro games like gas masks and Zippo lighters will be making their return, along with the introduction of a new crossbow that looks to complement the series' focus on scavenging and survival. Crossbow bolts can be retrieved from the bodies of enemies, and it looks like there'll be multiple types of ammunition including explosive bolts which the trailer proves are quite effective against giant mutated bears.
We'll be covering E3 all week. You can follow along with us by checking out our guide on how to watch all the E3 2017 live streams, or catch up on all the news and announcements from the show at our E3 2017 hub.
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?