Where to buy Australian-made clothing brands
If you’re looking to refresh your wardrobe, check out these labels that are manufactured right here in Australia.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
While many labels are based or designed in Australia, the overwhelming majority are produced offshore. To help you find the ones that really are Aussie made, we've rounded up a list of true local labels along with the retailers that you can shop them through.
Made in Australia clothing brands
|Brand||About the brand||Where to buy|
|Arnsdorf||Simple and minimalist in style, womenswear brand Arnsdorf is made for the modern woman.|
|Bec + Bridge||Designer women's label Bec + Bridge offers a mix of separates and occasionwear in sleek, contemporary designs.|
|Bianca Spender||Luxury label Bianca Spender pairs romantic designs with androgynous tailoring.|
|BONDI BORN||Summer lifestyle brand BONDI BORN brings a mixture of innovation and sophistication to swim and resort wear.|
|Cue||With a focus on sleek silhouettes, Cue's pieces are both timeless and elegant.|
|Jasmine Alexa||Lifestyle label Jasmine Alexa takes activewear to the next level with its street-like, monochrome aesthetic.|
|Kakadu Traders Australia||Made for the Aussie outback, Kakadu Traders Australia's clothing range is both durable and reliable. Look out for the Australian Made labels on site.|
|Le Stripe||Luxe casualwear label Le Stripe pairs flattering fits with unique designs.|
|macgraw||Offering luxe, elegant pieces, macgraw is both feminine and fashion-forward.|
|Manning Cartell||Contemporary label Manning Cartell is known for experimenting with innovative designs and daring colour palettes.|
|MATIN||Perfectly encapsulating modern romance, MATIN is both simplistic and sophisticated in style.|
|Miles From||Offering a stylish take on casualwear, Miles From features relaxed fits and easy to pair designs.|
|Nobody Denim||Cult denim brand Nobody Denim provides contemporary staples that flatter the female figure.|
|Pfeiffer||Urban-chic label Pfeiffer honours individuality with its unique prints and effortless silhouettes.|
|Saroka||Elegant and versatile, Saroka's pieces are designed to flatter women of all shapes and sizes.|
|Tasi Travels||Designed with the adventurer in mind, Tasi Travels focus on practical and minimalist wear.|
|Twill & Tee||Twill & Tee creates comfortable basics that are made to last.|
|Veronika Maine||Known for its bespoke prints and high-quality fabrics, Veronika Maine is a celebration of modern style.|
|wYse Lifestyle||Eco-friendly label wYse Lifestyle creates casual chic pieces that are both easy and comfortable to wear.|
Where to buy Australian-made clothing online
Australian-made brands stocked: Cue
Australian-made brands stocked: Veronika Maine
Australian-made brands stocked: BONDI BORN, MATIN
Australian-made brands stocked: Nobody Denim, Bec + Bridge, Manning Cartell, BONDI BORN, MATIN, Saroka, Arnsdorf, macgraw, Jasmine Alexa
Australian-made brands stocked: Manning Cartell, Bec + Bridge, Nobody Denim, BONDI BORN, Bianca Spender, macgraw
Australian-made brands stocked: Le Stripe, wYse Lifestyle, Twill & Tee, Miles From
Australian-made brands stocked: Kakadu Traders Australia (select products)
- No free shipping
- No free returns
- No change of mind returns
- Finance your order with Afterpay
Australian-made brands stocked: Pfeiffer, Cue
Australian-made brands stocked: Nobody Denim
Australian-made brands stocked: Tasi Travels
- Free shipping over $50
- Free returns
- Change of mind returns within 28 days
- Finance your order with Afterpay
Australian-made brands stocked: Nobody Denim
Which other stores sell Australian-made clothing?
- Well Made Clothes
- The Ark Clothing Co.
- Grace Loves Lace
- B.O.Y.D Studio
- R E M U S E
- Van Der Kooij
- Luna + Sun
- jacinta james
- Two Threads
- Moss & Spy
- The FLATIRON Label
- Love Linen
- Wild Sugar
Does your company belong in this list?
How can you tell if clothing is Australian-made?
Figuring out if a clothing label is Australian-made can be quite a tricky process. A lot of brands that advertise as "Australian made" design their products in Australia or have headquarters based here but actually manufacture their wares overseas.
The best way to find out if a brand is truly Australian-made is to go to its website and look under the "About Us" or "Sustainability" section. You can also contact the brand directly and ask them for this information if it isn't listed on the site. If the brand doesn't mention that its pieces are manufactured in Australia though, there's a good chance that they aren't.
You may also want to check out reputable sites such as Made in Australia to find more clothing labels that are manufactured here. Be aware though that its list is not exhaustive and does not include several popular brands.
Why buy Australian-made clothing?
While it may be difficult to track down Australian-made clothing labels, shopping locally does have numerous benefits.
- Supporting the economy. Buying Australian-made products helps to both stimulate our economy and keep more Aussies employed.
- Faster and cheaper shipping. Many international labels charge a hefty fee to ship to Australia, while this cost usually decreases significantly when you shop locally. Packages posted within Australia are also likely to arrive on your doorstep sooner than ones that are being shipped from overseas.
- No international transaction fee. Buying local will save you any additional taxes and fees associated with shopping internationally.
Is Australian-made clothing more expensive?
There is no hard and fast answer to this as numerous factors need to be taken into consideration.
- Fast or slow fashion. Many overseas labels come under the "fast fashion" banner, meaning that they churn out a large quantity of the same product at a relatively low price point. While fast fashion is also available here in Australia, many brands that chose to manufacture locally opt for a considered approach that sees fewer items produced. While this is great for the environment, it often comes with a steeper price attached.
- Wages. The minimum wage in Australia is much higher than it is in other countries where clothing is typically made. As such, the overall cost of a product may be higher to accommodate the cost of the worker.
- Cost of manufacturing. The overall cost of manufacturing is much higher in Australia than in many other countries, which means that many Australian-made labels need to charge more in order to turn a profit.
- Shipping costs. While the price of an international item may be cheaper, you're likely to get slugged with a large shipping fee. Australian-made items will meanwhile cost you less in delivery fees.
Which of these Australian-made clothing brands can be considered ethical or eco-friendly?
- Arnsdorf - Arnsdorf releases considered collections, meaning that each product is limited in supply. It also holds an Ethical Clothing Australia accreditation and donates 2% of every purchase to women's charity Kiva.
- Bec + Bridge - Bec + Bridge has an internal recycling system which sees fabric offcuts given to other local businesses to be repurposed. It is also aiming to phase out all non-recyclable elements from its packaging by mid-2020.
- Bianca Spender - With a penchant for natural fibres and a commitment to use a minimum 50% remnant deadstock fabric for its designs, it's no surprise that Bianca Spender is accredited by Ethical Clothing Australia.
- BONDI BORN - BONDI BORN uses fabrics that are both sustainably sourced and made to last. Its packaging is also plastic free and 100% recyclable or compostable.
- Cue - Now the largest local manufacturer of fashion in Australia, Cue holds an accreditation by Ethical Clothing Australia.
- Jasmine Alexa - Jasmine Alexa uses mostly locally sourced fabrics and has recently introduced Econyl into its range.
- macgraw - Using predominantly natural fibres, macgraw's pieces are created with circular production practices and delivered in eco-conscious packaging.
- Manning Cartell - Accredited by Ethical Clothing Australia, Manning Cartell focuses on production techniques that are both sustainable and environmentally friendly.
- Miles From - Made from natural fibres, Miles From's pieces are released in small numbers periodically to prevent wastage.
- Nobody Denim - Nobody Denim holds an Ethical Clothing Australia accreditation and maintains an ethical workplace that operates under Australian Worksafe approved conditions.
- Pfeiffer - Pfeiffer's business model focuses on using available stock fabrics and minimising waste.
- Saroka - Each of Saroka's pieces is handmade to order in a bid to eliminate fabric and stock wastage.
- Tasi Travels - Identifying as a slow fashion label, Tasi Travels makes small runs of clothing from eco-conscious fabrics.
- wYse Lifestyle - All of wYse Lifestyle's pieces are made from beechwood trees, making them fully biodegradable and environmentally sustainable.
Which other brands are designed in Australia?
While these labels are mostly manufactured off-shore, the design process takes place right here in Australia:
- Twosisters The Label
- Jillian Boustred
- Arlington Milne
- MLM Label
- Black Pepper
More guides on Finder
70+ top shackets for 2021 and how to style them
The latest layering trend is here and we’ve got the lowdown on where to shop it in Australia.
Xbox Series S: Where to buy in Australia
Xbox Series S is a lower-cost alternative to the Xbox Series X. Here's a list of stores where you can buy the console for the best price.
Where to buy a corset top online
Discover 20+ stores stocking Bridgerton-worthy corset tops and bustiers.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Best ice cream multipack brands in Australia
Here are the 5 best ice cream multipack brands in Australia according to consumers.
Best nut milk and plant-based milk brands in Australia
Here are the five best nut milk and plant-based milk brands in Australia, as chosen by consumers.
Where to buy Dal Rossi Chess sets online in Australia
Own one of the finest chess sets crafted by Dal Rossi with our helpful guide.
Where to buy chess books online with free delivery in Australia
Are you looking to improve your chess game with instructional chess books? Here are some of the best online bookstores that offer free delivery and signed copies.
Where to buy chess tables online in Australia
Handmade or vintage, here are our recommended online marketplaces for chess tables.
Where to buy kids toys and clothing with Zip Pay | Full list 2021
Discover the retailers offering kids essentials through the buy now, pay later service.
Ask an Expert