Boxing Day travel sales predictions 2018
Already thinking about Boxing Day travel deals? Yup, us too.
With less than a week until Boxing Day and most of our Christmas shopping already done, the one thing on our minds is: what's going down with Boxing Day?
And being avid travellers, we're eyeing discounted holidays.
While nothing's been set in stone yet, we've taken a look at the past to predict what could be the future of sales this year. Here's what we've got:
1. Budget flights by the bucketful
In 2017, Jetstar busted out the bargains for Boxing Day. Jetstar took its fares as low as $29 one-way.
Could both airlines be up to something big in 2018? We've got big bucks behind that bet.
2. Full-service flights by the bucketful
There are a few airlines that often put their hands up to join in a good sale. Last year, Virgin Australia took to the stand with a handful of domestic deals from $79 and Qantas piped in with more than a handful of fares from $85.
Flight Centre also joined in with a round-up of its best fares across airlines like AirAsia and Qatar.
3. Tours for a steal
G Adventures is already hot off the mark with 30% off select tours until 31 December.
Could they be back in the game this year? And, who else could be in on top of them? Contiki? Trafalgar? Travel Talk Tours? You'll have to wait to find out.
4. Experiences at up to half off
We can't guarantee a 50% off discount this year round, but in 2017 RedBalloon took 500+ deals down by up to 50% off. Last month Adrenaline did something similar, taking up to 50% off site-wide for Black Friday.
Booked a trip but haven't quite figured out your activities yet? Boxing Day is looking right to sort you out.
5. Hotel stays at up to 50% off
You do the math, but we reckon we can put a bet on at least 50% off on hotels in some way, shape or form this Boxing Day.
Want to keep ahead of the game this Boxing Day? Bookmark our Boxing Day travel deals page to catch all the latest and greatest as they become available. Or sign up to our email newsletter below to get the deals straight to your inbox.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?