The 2022 Boxing Day flight sales we’re expecting to see
Boxing Day is right around the corner. Here are the flight sales we're keeping an eye out for.
Boxing Day is fast approaching and airlines often have big sales for this event.
We've had a look at previous Boxing Day sales and this year's Black Friday sales to predict what the upcoming Boxing Day flight sales might look like.
From $39 flights to 12% off international trips, these are the flight sales we expect to see in the next week.
Our prediction: Flights from $39.
Why: Jetstar's Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale this year offered fares from $39. In previous years, Jetstar has also offered one-way domestic flights from $29. We wouldn't be surprised to see similar prices on 26 December.
Our prediction: Flights from $119.
Why: Just last month Qantas released Black Friday flight sales from $119 one-way. This Boxing Day, we predict that Qantas will run a similar offer with flights starting at $119.
Our prediction: Flights from $55 each way.
Why: Last year, Virgin Australia's Boxing Day sale offered flights from $48. Sadly, fares over 2022 haven't dipped quite that low and we're suspecting they won't on Boxing Day either. Instead, we're expecting prices closer to $55 each way which is in line with the airline's Black Friday sale last month. Either way, if you're keen for a weekend away, you could be in for a steal.
Our prediction: Return flights to the Middle East and Europe from $1,759.
Why: Emirates doesn't often join in sales events and we're not expecting it to have a Boxing Day sale. However, the airline often has discounts throughout the year. In the lead-up to Boxing Day, the luxury airline is already sporting flights from $1,759 return to destinations across the Middle East, America and Europe. Fingers crossed there will be similar fares on Boxing Day itself.
Our prediction: Save up to 12% on international flights.
Why: Fancy a trip overseas? Recent Qatar flight sales lead us to think there will be a chance for you to get a good deal on your next trip abroad. We're basing this on previous Qatar flight sales that have ranged from 10% for this year's Cyber Monday to 12% for this year's Black Friday sales.
Our prediction: Flights from $59.
Why: Rex released Boxing Day sale seats from $59 one-way last year. This was for journeys between Brisbane and Sydney. It also had flights between Sydney and Melbourne from $69 each way. This year we predict much of the same with Rex offering flights to your favourite destination in Australia from $59.
Latest flight sales
Don't want the stress of sale season? Perhaps you'd prefer to book your next holiday now? We've got you covered. Here's a list of our favourite flight sales you can book today:
- Virgin Australia domestic flights from $75 each way.: Sale ends 14 February 2023.
- Flights to Barcelona from $1,619 return: Sale ends 22 December 2022.
- Adelaide to Bali flights from $325 return: Sale ends 19 December 2022.
- Return flights to Seoul from $870 with T'way Airlines: Sale ends 20 December 2022.
- Flights to Paris from $1,980 return: Sale ends 22 December 2022.
- Up to 10% off flights for students: Sale ends 31 March 2023.
- $250 off international holiday packages with Webjet: The online travel agent has pipped everyone to the post with an early Boxing Day sale. You can get $250 off international holiday packages using the code BOXING250. This sale is available for packages with a minimum spend of $3,000 and runs from 21 December 2022 to 4 January 2023. Travel stays for this deal are between 22 December 2022 and 31 July 2023.