These are the flight deals you'll be waiting all year for.
Always a big day for those looking for a bargain, Boxing Day's steadily growing as a day to nab a great travel deal. We've found in the past that airlines like Jetstar, Tiger Airways and Cathay Pacific are just some to offer sales on the big day. To properly reap the rewards the trick is to get in quick.
Looking for the best flight deals available now? Check out our January flight sales page, or sign up to our travel deals newsletter below for the best sales straight to your inbox.
Other flight deals that are available now:
Valid on flights between 13 January - 28 March 2017 and 27 September - 22 November 2017. Sample fares include Brisbane to Istanbul for $2,011 economy, Brisbane Belgrade for $2,022 economy, Brisbane to Rabart for $2,025 and more. Other destinations include Brussels, Venice, Milan, Zurich etc. Conditions apply.
What Boxing Day flight deals did we see in 2016?
|Virgin Australia||Up to 40% off flights|
|STA Travel||Italy flights from $895 return|
|Qantas||China for $387 return with Qantas for CNY|
|BYO Jet||$10 off all domestic flight bookings|
|Flight Centre||Europe flights from $995 return|
Popular Boxing Day flight sales destinations:
- Los Angeles
- Ho Chi Minh City
- New York
Looking too add on a hotel, car hire or activities?
Show code & visit sitehp****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteCI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteSW****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Hire a car with Budget Car Hire through DriveNow for a minimum of four consecutive days and get your fourth day free of base rate charges. Available for pick ups at the airport in Cairns, Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne (Tullamarine). Valid on select vehicles including family, full-size and SUVs.
Tips to find cheap flights this Boxing Day
What all travellers share in common is the desire to feel comfortable and looked after and know you haven’t paid too much for it. Taking advantage of the flight sales during Boxing Day can you make you feel like you’ve received more value for money, so here are some tips to help you get the flight you want.
- Try and be flexible with your dates - Sometimes the further out you are from the date you’re planning to leave, the cheaper the flight may be.
- Compare deals and holidays to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Using sites like the ones mentioned above this page can help you see what the airlines are offering and allows you to see how much of a discount you’re really getting.
- Know when the sales start and finish so you can get the best offers. We all know that sales work on a ‘first come first service’ basis, so make sure you’re on your computer when the sale starts so you can get the best offers.
- Cut back on your intended luggage where you can. This is particularly important if you’re flying on a budget carrier, as luggage is one of the biggest problems that they have. Most budget carriers charge an extra fee if you want to check in your bags.
- When will automation hit the aviation industry?
- New Jetstar route commits to bringing in 35,000 more tourists from China per year
- Route Finder: Adelaide-Hobart, Los Angeles-Beijing, New York-Lagos
- Potential for further flight delays at Sydney
- QantasLink brings back seasonal Melbourne – Sunshine Coast flights