Get ready, huge flight deals are just around the corner.
Bargains like $29 domestic flights from Jetstar, $789 return flights to the USA with Air New Zealand and $238 return flights to Asia from Flight Centre were all on offer in 2017, and the 2018 deals are waiting just around the corner.
We'll bring as many Boxing Day flight deals to this space as we can muster, so watch this space closely for the best sales from airlines and online travel agencies available on 26 December.
The big day will be here soon, but if you can't wait, look below for the best deals on travel you can book right now.
Flight deals currently available:
New Zealand flights from $268 return
Valid for travel from December 2018 - January 20, including over Christmas and New Year. Destinations include Auckland, Christchurch, Queenstown, Wellington and more. Sample fare is Gold Coast-Auckland.
Asia flights from $271 return
Valid for travel from 20 April - 10 June 2019 with AirAsia. Destinations include Bali, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Delhi and more. Sample fare is Perth-Ho Chi Minh City.
Up to 10% off fares
Valid for travel between 21 October 2018 - 30 December 2019 on all Virgin Australia domestic, trans-Tasman, international short haul and international long haul flights. Get 5% on elevate and gateway fares and 10% to business, premium economy and freedom fares. T&Cs apply.
Popular Flights coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|15 Dec 2018||Full-service London flights from $901 return||FOL****|
|20 Feb 2018||$120 off first class seats||FIR****|
|19 Dec 2018||Thailand flights from $281 return||********|
|18 Dec 2018||Asia flights from $271 return||********|
|12 Dec 2018||Round the world flights from $1,185||********|
Wondering what to expect? Here are some of the deals we saw in 2017.
|Virgin Australia||Domestic flights from $79 each way|
|Jetstar||Domestic flights from $29|
|Qantas||Flights from $85 each way|
|Flight Centre||Asia flights from $238 return|
|Air New Zealand||Flights to North America from $789 return|
|Tigerair||One way flights from $35|
7 tips on how to get the best Boxing Day flight deal:
Taking advantage of the flight sales during Boxing Day can definitely get you more more value for money, so here are some tips to help you get the flight you want.
- Be flexible with your dates. Usually, the further out you are from the date you’re planning to leave, the cheaper the flight may be.
- Go anywhere. Don't go into the sales looking for a specific destination, or you may end up frustrated that you can't get a deal to the place you want to go. Instead, have a broader range of places, or settle on the simple idea of a "beach holiday" or "city break" instead. Let the prices guide you to your next holiday spot, and you may just find somewhere new to love.
- Take advantage of best-price guarantees. Once you find the best price, go to a site or travel agency, like Flight Centre that will price-match your fare and beat it by at least $1.
- Compare deals and holidays to make sure you’re getting the best deal. Using sites like the ones mentioned above this page can help you see what the airlines are offering and allows you to see how much of a discount you’re really getting.
- Know when the sales start and finish. We all know that sales work on a "first come first service" basis, so make sure you’re on your computer when the sale starts so you can get the best offers.
- Check to see what's launched early. Going with the above, just because Boxing Day technically starts at midnight, it doesn't mean the sales do too. Many airlines have "end of year" or "Christmas" sales that fall over Boxing Day, but are actually available on other dates, too.
- Cut back on bags where you can. This is particularly important if you’re flying on a budget carrier, as luggage is one of the biggest problems that they have. Most budget carriers charge an extra fee if you want to check in your bags
Popular Boxing Day flight sales destinations:
- Los Angeles
- Ho Chi Minh City
- New York
- Singapore Airlines claims title of World’s Best Airline 2019
- Athens and Rome revealed as the best value European cities by Skyscanner
- Virgin Australia is launching voice check-in with Amazon Alexa
- Money Hack: Mash up budget flights to build a cheap overseas trip
- Virgin Australia unveils its upcoming tech game-changers