5 Boxing Day cruise deals to get you excited for 2021 and 2022 [Updated]
Enjoy $1 deposits, up to $850 off per person, $500 onboard spending money, free upgrades and more.
Boxing Day is one of the biggest sale events on the calendar. This year, you don't have to wait until the presents are unwrapped and the Christmas barbeque has been devoured to get your mitts on the sale.
Stacks of cruise lines released their Boxing Day sales early this year and are running them way past 26 December, too.
Here's our pick of the best Boxing Day cruise deals you can snap up right now. After something else? Check out our full list of Boxing Day cruise sales here.
1. P&O Cruises: $1 deposits, up to $500 onboard spending money and free upgrades
P&O Cruises has not one but two sales running over Boxing Day.
The first is its official Boxing Day sale, which has a smattering of 2021 and 2022 cruises from $249 per person. Plus, you'll get a free balcony room upgrade when you book an ocean-view room.
Because who doesn't love a better view?
The second is the Splash Out Sale. Got a gold coin and a dream to set sail in 2021? Then you're pretty much set to go cruising with P&O Cruises. This sale boasts dozens of sailings in 2021 and 2022 around Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific that you can secure for just $1 per person.
Choose from short three-night cruises packed with comedy and laughter and festive Christmas cruises for the upcoming year to long relaxing journeys to New Caledonia.
- Sale period: Boxing Day sale until 31 December, Splash Out sale until 2 March 2021.
- Cruise dates: Various 2021 and 2022 sailings.
- Cruise with confidence: Book before 3 March 2021 and cruise before 30 November 2021 and you can cancel your trip for free up to 75 days prior for a full refund without penalty. Get the full details here.
2. Royal Caribbean: Score up to $850 off and 60% off second guests
Summers are best spent on the water. If you agree, then you can set yourself up for the perfect 2021/2022 summer break with Royal Caribbean's Boxing Day sale.
The sale includes sailings around Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific with price tags as low as $400pp for 2 cruises.
For the biggest savings, check out the nine-night South Pacific cruise on Quantum of the Seas. Departing 10 March 2022, there are savings of up to $850 per person to put back into your pocket. Prefer to visit our friends across the pond? A 9-night New Zealand cruise on Ovation of the Seas has also been slashed by up to $850 per person. It departs on 7 November 2021.
- Sale period: Now until 5pm on 29 December 2020.
- Cruise dates: Summer 2021/2022 sailings.
- Cruise with confidence: Bookings made by 31 January 2021 can be cancelled 48-hours in advance for future cruise credit, which is valid for 12 months.
3. RedBalloon: 30% off plus a bonus 10% off with code
Love the idea of being on the water but don't want to commit to a few days away? RedBalloon has you sorted. It offers cruises that last anywhere from an hour to a full day out on the water.
Lunch, high tea or grazing platters are often included with your trip – as is commentary and harbour views. Look out for the "sale" banner on the site to find those big bargains.
- Sale period: Until 31 December 2020.
- Cruise dates: Various 2020 and 2021 dates.
- Cruise with confidence: Vouchers are valid for up to five years unless you've already booked a date. At which point you may still be able to request a change to your travel dates at the cruise company's discretion.
4. Princess Cruises: 3 for free sail
Luxury cruise line Princess has not one, not two, but three great freebies to snatch up over Boxing Day. The first is a free stateroom upgrade. This is valid on interior, ocean-view, balcony, deluxe balcony and mini-suite stateroom bookings. So you feel like a VIP knowing you're guaranteed a room with a view.
The second is up to $400 worth of spending money to put towards onboard purchases.
Finally, there's a specialty dining voucher for two. This is for voyages of seven nights or more. Our tip? Scout out the restaurants early, so you can book the perfect gastronomic experience for your holiday.
- Sale period: Now until 2 March 2021.
- Cruise dates: Various 2021 and 2022 sailings.
- Cruise with confidence: All bookings made through 2 March 2021 for sailings departing by 31 October can be cancelled 30 days prior to departure for future cruise credit. This is valid for 12 months from your departure date or until 1 March 2022, whichever is later.
5. Carnival Cruises: Cruise from $306 per person
Loved by young and old, Carnival Cruises has everything to keep the whole family entertained. There are water parks, kids clubs, build-a-bear workshops, family-friendly shows and 24-hour pizzas for little kids. There are also adults-only pools, theatre productions and comedy clubs for big kids.
This year's Boxing Day sale is a mix of local cruises from $306 per person (twin share) and South Pacific sailings from $678 per person (twin share) to 12-night New Zealand explorations from $1,184 per person (twin share).
You'll have to get on this one pretty quick though as it's only around until midnight 27 December.
- Sale period: 11:59pm on 27 December 2020.
- Cruise dates: Throughout 2021.
- Cruise with confidence: Cancel before your final payment to receive a refund unless your cruise has a non-refundable deposit or fare.
This article was originally published on 24 December 2020 and has been updated on 26 December 2020 to include more Boxing Day deals.