5 of the best Boxing Day cruise deals of 2019 to sail away on
Score everything from 2-for-1 sailings to up to US$400 in onboard credit.
Boxing Day sales are well underway and one of the biggest travel bargains to be had is on cruises.
All the big names get involved, from Princess Cruises to Carnival Cruise Lines. And they're dropping deals from gold-coin deposits to hundreds in bonus onboard credit and upgrades to ocean-view cabins and even suites.
Wherever you plan to be in 2020, let one of these Boxing Day cruise deals take you there.
5 top Boxing Day cruise deals 2019
1. Royal Caribbean: Up to 40%, US$400 onboard credit and up to $500 in bonus savings
With so many savings to be had over Boxing Day, Royal Caribbean is practically giving cabins away. They're going for a steal at up to 40% off but that's not all.
Book between now and New Year's and each cabin scores bonus ship credit up to the value of US$400 plus up to $500 in bonus savings, depending on your itinerary and cabin class.
- Best for: Families, couples
- Destinations include: South Pacific
- Sale ends: 1 January
2. P&O Cruises: Cruise from $149pp
Dubbed the Boxing Day Blitz sale, this one will be gone before you know it, so you'd better jump on it now.
It features dozens of cruises that explore Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the South Pacific with the cheapest costing only $149 per person. This is based on a quadruple share cabin and is for a two-night sampler cruise from Sydney.
Want to celebrate the New Year or Christmas in style? You can get an early start by booking a cabin for 2020. At $999 per person for an 8-day cruise, if you didn't get the Christmas present you wanted this year, you can gift yourself with a better one today.
- Best for: Short breaks, local cruises
- Destinations include: Australia, South Pacific and New Zealand
- Sale ends: 31 December
3. Carnival Cruise Lines: Sail from $354pp
Fun escapes are what Carnival Cruise is all about. On board expect everything from water slides and musical performances to mega deck parties and Mad Hatter tea parties while off deck expect shore excursions to the tune of quad biking and waterfall hopping.
Starting from $354 per person, you'll have to be quick to snap this bargain up as it's on sale for 24 hours only.
To make it extra easy for you to decide and book, only four itineraries are available. They range from three to eight nights long with the shorter journeys exploring the Australian coast and the longer ones headed to New Caledonia.
Most sailings are for 2020 dates, but you can book the three-night sampler cruise all the way through 2022.
- Best for: Short, fun breaks
- Destinations include: Australia and the South Pacific
- Sale ends: Midnight 26 December.
4. Azamara: Up to 40% off cruises
Those seeking that touch of luxury across longer cruises will lap up Azamara's Boxing Day discounts.
That's up to 40% off all upcoming cruises, even as far in advance as 2021. Prices are based on twin share, so start roping in your travel partner now.
To help convince them, prices also include gratuities, beverages and self-service laundry.
- Best for: Luxury travellers.
- Destinations include: Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa and South America.
- Sale ends: 29 February
5. MSC Cruises: 2-for-1 offer
If you're headed to Europe and have ever wanted to experience life on an MSC Cruise, this is the time to book it.
The all-inclusive cruise line is highly regarded for its onboard entertainment and modern fleet. And with its Boxing Day sale letting two sail for the price of one, you can get on board for as little as $199 per person.
No joke. Overnight cruises start from $199 though if you'd prefer to experience luxury a little longer, 2-night cruises are going for $209 per person or 3-night cruises from $479 per person.
Of course, if you really want to work those sea legs, there are sailings of up to 13 nights to enjoy too.
- Best for: Luxury travellers, world excursions
- Destinations include: Europe and the Mediterranean.
- Sale ends: 31 December
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, visas, airlines and more [UPDATED]
- $200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals
- 5 cheapest places to fly to when Australia’s international borders reopen
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details