Sail into the sunset for less by booking a Boxing Day cruise deal.
Whether you’re looking to relax on the harbour for an afternoon, or explore the South Pacific for a week, check out your options with this year’s Boxing Day cruise deals.
Tour operators, cruise companies and online travel agencies are offering a range of cruise options this Boxing Day, including off-the-beaten track options like free flights with river cruise bookings.
While Boxing Day has come and gone, if you're looking for the best deals available, check out our January cruise sales page or sign up to our travel deals newsletter for the best travel deals sent straight to your inbox.
Cruise deals that are available now:
Up to 80% off top cruise lines
Enjoy up to 80% off top cruise lines with Norweigian Cruise Line, Costa, Royal Caribbean cruises and more at Cruise Direct. Conditions apply
Show code & visit site17****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Up to 30% off + onboard credit on Royal Caribbean Cruises
Valid on sailings departing before 22 April and also includes 50% off deposits when you book select cruises in Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Transpacific and Asia repositioning cruises and more at CruiseAway. T&Cs apply.
Fred. Olsen's Cruise Sale + freebies and more
Enjoy big savings, freebies and more when you book a cruise during Fred. Olsen's Cruise Sale.
$1 deposits with P&O + free drinks package
Valid on cruises departing between 1 March 2017 and 31 January 2018. Cruises longer than seven nights will get a free premium beverage package. Cruises less than seven nights will get a free soft drinks package.
50% off second passenger on Azamara + free internet
Book outside cabins or higher on select Azamara cruises departing 12 June 2017 until 26 April 2018 and the second passenger sails for free, plus get free unlimited internet.
Tips for finding the best Boxing Day cruise deals:
- Go with the flow: Try not to be too choosy about where you're cruising to and when. If you're flexible with your dates and destination, you'll be much more likely to find a better deal.
- Stay inside: Booking an interior cabin will get you the best deal on a cruise. While you won't have windows in your room, you'll save heaps. And, beside, it's not too far to go up to a deck for those panoramic ocean vides.
- To drive or to fly? Think about where the cruise departs from before booking and about whether the savings is worth the hassle of booking a flight and transfers to and from the port.
- Location, location, location. Consider whether cruises are in-season wherever it is you’d like to go. If it’s peak season, the likelihood of finding a deal may be lower. If you’re happy to change things up and sail somewhere new, you might be able to get a better deal.
- Travel last minute. It’s of no benefit to a cruise line to sail with empty rooms. Rooms that are still unsold close to departure date will often be heavily discounted, and Boxing Day is the perfect time to take advantage of the remaining summer sailings from the east coast.
- Don’t be loyal to a line. Not every cruise line will offer the same deal, which could mean your preferred brand is more expensive than another that’s offering a very similar sailing. There’s a chance you can save a lot by simply switching to another cruise line.
Feature image: Princess Cruises