Boxing Day Cruise Deals and Sales
Sail into the sunset for less by booking a Boxing Day cruise deal.
Whether you’re looking to relax on the harbour for an afternoon, or explore the South Pacific for a week, check out your options with this year’s Boxing Day cruise deals.
Tour operators, cruise companies and online travel agencies are offering a range of cruise options this Boxing Day, including off-the-beaten track options like free flights with river cruise bookings.
While Boxing Day has come and gone, if you're looking for the best deals available, check out our January cruise sales page or sign up to our travel deals newsletter for the best travel deals sent straight to your inbox.
Cruise deals that are available now:
Up to 30% off Alaska cruise holidays with Royal Caribbean
Valid on select Alaska sailings in 2018.
Up to $500 OBC + $100 internet credit per stateroom
Enjoy the fantastic bonus extras when you book select Holland America cruises at CruiseAway. Valid for departures from 1 June - 30 March 2018. Conditions apply.
Up to 50% off cruises + up to $300 flight credit
Valid on select cruises in New Zealand, Hawaii, South Pacific, Asia, Australia, Europe and the Caribbean.
Save up to 50% per person on launch fares + up to $300 eZair credit per stateroom
Save up to 50% per person on launch fares and receive up to $300 eZair credit per stateroom when you book select Princess New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, Europe, South Pacific, Caribbean, Panama Canal and the world cruises with Princess Cruise at CruiseAway. T&Cs apply.
FREE balcony upgrade: Royal Caribbean
Receive a free balcony upgrade for the price of an oceanview when you book select Royal Caribbean cruises before close of business on 31 March 2017. Conditions apply
No single supplement
Book select cruises as a solo traveller and pay no single supplement.
Last-minute cruises from £599pp
Valid on select sailings in Europe until 19 May.
Up to 50% off red hot cruise deals
Get up to 50% off red hot cruise deals at CruiseAway. Conditions Apply
Save up to GBP£200 per person + GBP£150 of reward vouchers
Save up to GBP£200 per person on selected holidays and receive GBP£150 in vouchers per couple for their next holiday/flight at Canadian Affair. T&Cs apply.
Up to 41% off Antarctic expeditions with Peregrine
Valid on select tours including 41% off the 11-day Antarctic Explorer, 27% off the 7-day Antarctic Express and 27% off the 14-day Crossing the Circle.
Up to 41% off Antarctic and Arctic trips with Intrepid
Valid on select tours departing until in Antarctica and the Arctic. Sample expeditions include the 11-day Antarctic Explorer for 41% off, 8-day Arctic Watch Lodge for 22% off and the 11-day Antarctic Express for 22% off.
Save up to 50%: Mates Rate Sale
Valid on select sailings until 30 April 2018. Get the second passenger in your cabin for up to 50% off on select P&O sailings. Conditions apply.
Up to 14% off Antarctic cruises
Valid on select Antarctic expedition cruises from Quark Expeditions, Antarctica XXI, Silversea an Hurtigruten.
Up to 30% off rivercruises
Valid on select cruises departing until 30 April on the Ganges, Mekong and Burgundy.
Up to 72% off P&O Cruises
Valid on select cruises in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands. Sample discounts include 72% off a 3-night cruise from Brisbane, 85% off a 2-night cruise from Sydney to Melbourne and 56% off a 10-night South Pacific cruise from Sydney.
50% off second passenger on Azamara + free internet
Book outside cabins or higher on select Azamara cruises departing 12 June 2017 until 26 April 2018 and the second passenger sails for free, plus get free unlimited internet.
Tips for finding the best Boxing Day cruise deals:
- Go with the flow: Try not to be too choosy about where you're cruising to and when. If you're flexible with your dates and destination, you'll be much more likely to find a better deal.
- Stay inside: Booking an interior cabin will get you the best deal on a cruise. While you won't have windows in your room, you'll save heaps. And, beside, it's not too far to go up to a deck for those panoramic ocean vides.
- To drive or to fly? Think about where the cruise departs from before booking and about whether the savings is worth the hassle of booking a flight and transfers to and from the port.
- Location, location, location. Consider whether cruises are in-season wherever it is you’d like to go. If it’s peak season, the likelihood of finding a deal may be lower. If you’re happy to change things up and sail somewhere new, you might be able to get a better deal.
- Travel last minute. It’s of no benefit to a cruise line to sail with empty rooms. Rooms that are still unsold close to departure date will often be heavily discounted, and Boxing Day is the perfect time to take advantage of the remaining summer sailings from the east coast.
- Don’t be loyal to a line. Not every cruise line will offer the same deal, which could mean your preferred brand is more expensive than another that’s offering a very similar sailing. There’s a chance you can save a lot by simply switching to another cruise line.
Feature image: Princess Cruises