Boxing Day 2020: Tech deals we can expect to see
Bargain hunters can expect top offers on everything from TVs to smartwatches this Boxing Day.
If you're expecting an influx of cash this Christmas, Boxing Day is the perfect time to spend it. Aside from Black Friday, Boxing Day is the biggest shopping event of the year, with plenty of retailers taking part and reducing prices on a huge range of products.
As always, we're expecting tech to be one of the hottest commodities on the day and are predicting deals on TVs, smart speakers, headphones, home appliances and heaps more.
To help give you a better indication of the upcoming deals, we've rounded up some of the best offers from last year so you can start planning where you're going to shop.
Best tech deals from Boxing Day 2019
- Amazon: Amazon always drops offers across all shopping categories during sales events, making it easy to nab a bargain on everything on your wishlist. Expect to see discounts on everything from Amazon-branded products like Echo devices and Kindles to laptops, soundbars and headphones by some of the biggest brands in the business.
- eBay: The 2019 sales saw online giant eBay slash prices on a range of top products, offering 20% off Bose QuietComfort 35 II Headphones, 20% off Xbox One S 1TB Fortnite Bundles and $304 off the Dyson Cyclone V10 Animal+ Cordless vacuum.
Can't wait to shop? The Bose QuietComfort 35 II Headphones are now 30% off for a limited time, meaning you can snap up a pair for just $349.
- The Good Guys: If you're looking to upgrade your appliances in time for the new year, The Good Guys will likely be a top spot to shop. Some notable discounts from last year include $500 off selected Samsung TVs, up to $500 off selected HP gaming laptops, 25% off KitchenAid products, 20% off Acer computers and 15% off Microsoft Surface Pro 7, Laptop 3 and Book 2.
- Bing Lee: Bing Lee is another store that we're expecting to see significant price drops from. Last year, the retailer reduced prices on a huge range of Smart TVs and took $300 off Dyson's V10 Animal Cordless Vacuum.
- Appliances Online: As one of the most competitively priced appliance retailers around, Appliances Online is likely to have some of the best offers on big-ticket items this Boxing Day. Last year, the site ran a massive up to 45% off sale that included all categories, and we're hoping to see a similar offer again this year.
- Bose: If Santa doesn't manage to deliver the Bose product you've been eyeing, you're sure to find a great deal on it this Boxing Day. In 2019, the Bose online store ran a range of deals, including $100 off the SoundTouch 20, $100 off the SoundTouch 30 and $70 off the SoundTouch 10.
- Microsoft Store: Microsoft Store is also likely to have a Bose deal or two, having offered up to 33% off selected Bose audio products in 2019. It also slashed up to $350 off Samsung Note 10+ devices and offered shoppers three free games with the purchase of selected Xbox One S console bundles.
- David Jones: Whether you're after appliances, speakers, headphones or soundbars, David Jones should be a top spot to shop, having offered up to 50% off electrical goods last year.
- Dell: If it's a gaming deal you're after, Dell offered shoppers up to 40% off systems last year. It also handed out a free Alienware Gaming Mouse with every gaming laptop purchase.
- JB Hi-Fi: JB Hi-Fi is always worth a look during major sales periods and Boxing Day is no exception. Last year, the retailer offered a huge range of top tech deals, including up to 50% off selected products by Samsung, Sony, Garmin and Dyson, 20% off Nokia products and 20% of all Turtle Beach headsets.
- Big W: If you're after a cheap TV, Big W is likely to have a deal to suit, having offered $200 off the JVC 39-inch LED TV and $180 off the EKO 65-inch 4K Ultra HD Android TV last year. The store also slashed prices on a range of other products including Nokia phones, making it a top site to check out come 26 December.
Image credit: Instagram user bingleeofficial