Best sales on video games for Boxing Day 2020
Stock up on games to play on your Christmas console with these epic games deals, with AAA titles starting as low as $12.
If you spent the morning of Christmas Day 2020 unwrapping a new video game console, you're going to need some games to play on that shiny new piece of hardware. And if you didn't, then taking advantage of Boxing Day games sales is a great way to save on some truly spectacular games.
Because 2020 saw the arrival of the PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles (in limited numbers though), Boxing Day is shaping up to be a bargain hunter's dream for previous generation games. PS4 And Xbox One games are getting some heavy discounts, which is particularly great given that both new consoles are backwards compatible with the previous generation.
Nintendo Switch owners aren't going to miss out either. Nintendo's hybrid console continues to be a hot ticket Christmas item, and getting the best deal on games on Boxing Day is what we're here for.
So to help you get the most of the Boxing Day deals on video games, here are our picks for the best deals on offer.
- If you were one of the lucky Australians to unwrap the new PS5 this Christmas, then you'll be happy to know that Amazon
- Amazon also has 51% off the RRP of The Playstation Hits range of PS4 titles, which takes the cost down to just $12 each. Considering this lineup includes classics like The Last of Us Remastered, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4 and the Uncharted collection, Until Dawn and Ratchet and Clank, you could easily catchup on anything you may have missed without breaking the bank.
- Selected PS4 games from PlayStation Studios are now under $20 at Amazon. Spider-Man, Detroit Become Human, Days Gone, Dreams and Concrete Genie, among others, can all be picked up for $18-$19.
- One of this year's hottest titles, Ghost of Tsushima is half priced at Amazon, just $49.97, allowing you to explore feudal Japan in this iconic game.
- The hugely anticipated sequel to one of PlayStation's greatest games, Selected PS4 games from PlayStation Studios are now under $20 at AmazonThe Last of Us 2 can be picked up for just $29 at Amazon.
- The PlayStation Store has a huge January sale running now, with games starting at just a few dollars. There are hundreds of games discounted, including both PS4 and PS5 games. For big titles, physical copies on Amazon are typically going to be cheaper, but for smaller indies, there's plenty of bargains to choose from.
- Watch Dogs Legion has been cut to just $48 at Amazon for Xbox (also PlayStation), a bargain for a game just a couple of months old.
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey is down to just $24.98 at Amazon for the Xbox One, which is quite a tidy price for this massive title.
- Microsoft has the FIFA 21 Beckham Edition for half price ($49.97) across the Xbox One and the Xbox Series X|S.
- Forza fans can enjoy a massive $82.48 off the RRP Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition, making the game just $67.47.
- Amazon is offering two selected Switch games for $110, Including Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe and Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu.
Main image: Finder