Bose Headphones 700 review: A new era of noise cancellation
Quick Verdict: Offering total control of your surround sound, touch functions and unbeatable voice isolation capabilities, the Bose 700 Headphones offer an add an ease of use we haven't seen from the brand before.
- Sleek new design
- Adjustable levels of noise cancellation
- Better sound than the QC35 II
- Great battery life
- No charger in box
Updated: Bose has rolled out an update that deals with the app issues we experienced during our initial product testing period, so we have updated our review to reflect the improvements.
As the company that first took noise cancellation technology mainstream, Bose has long been touted as one of the best headphone brands on the market. With the past couple of years giving rise to major competitors such as Sony's WH-1000XM3s though, the brand has now upped its game to claim back its number one spot.
Based off the cult-favourite Bose QuietComfort 35 II, the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 revisit noise cancellation in ways that we haven't previously seen. However, while they are definitely Bose's best yet, they haven't been without their teething issues.
- Sleek design
- Comfortable, lightweight
- Unique adjustment inside the earcup
- Slim travel case
- Not able to be folded
- 11 levels of noise cancellation
- Works with your choice of VPA
- Voice isolation for clearer calls
- App connectivity issues
- 20 hours of battery life
- Easy USB-C connection (cable included)
- No charger included
- Time remaining told in hours and minutes
- Unbeatable noise cancellation
- Truly superb voice isolation
- Extremely comfortable
(Left: Bose QC35 II headphones Right: Bose 700 headphones)
Undoubtedly, the Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are the best model Bose has released yet. The new noise cancellation technology paired with truly impressive voice isolation capabilities make them a cut above other models currently on the market, as well as an easy recommendation if you have the cash to spare.
Pricing and availability
- JB Hi-Fi and Afterpay: How does buy now pay later work at JB?
- Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite slashed to $49: 3 reasons to buy
- 9 activewear essentials to shop at THE ICONIC
- 9 brands donating to a good cause this International Women’s Day
- Where to get your hands on every product in Madison Beer’s 20-step beauty routine
Images: Lauren Chaplin