Borderlands 3 effectively confirmed to be in full production
90% of Gearbox is working on the game it knows you want.
Randy Pitchford, founder and CEO of Gearbox Software, told fans at PAX this past weekend that his studio is almost fully dedicated to a single title, admitting that they're "working on the thing I think most of you guys want us to be working on". Somehow I don't quite believe that he's talking about an Aliens: Colonial Marines sequel. Though he didn't come out and say it, there's little doubt that Pitchford is referring to Borderlands 3.
While Pitchford gave no indication of how far along the developments are, it's safe to say that we probably won't be seeing anything for quite a while, since Gearbox only just started hiring for the project two years ago. It'll also be interesting to see where Gearbox takes the series in the wake of Destiny, as the loot-shooter genre has changed significantly since Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel was released back in 2014.
While you're waiting for Borderlands 3, why not snap up this week's Destiny 2 for cheap using our best price guide?
- Hands-on with Shadow of War: The Terminator 2 of sequels
- The Evil Within 2 Nightmare Mode hands-On: Not toning it down
- Super Mario Odyssey hands-on: Sun’s out, guns out
- European Commission study finds no link between piracy and lower sales of digital content
- TheGamer.TV takes a curated approach to the best gaming videos on the Internet