Borderlands 3 effectively confirmed to be in full production
90% of Gearbox is working on the game it knows you want.
Randy Pitchford, founder and CEO of Gearbox Software, told fans at PAX this past weekend that his studio is almost fully dedicated to a single title, admitting that they're "working on the thing I think most of you guys want us to be working on". Somehow I don't quite believe that he's talking about an Aliens: Colonial Marines sequel. Though he didn't come out and say it, there's little doubt that Pitchford is referring to Borderlands 3.
While Pitchford gave no indication of how far along the developments are, it's safe to say that we probably won't be seeing anything for quite a while, since Gearbox only just started hiring for the project two years ago. It'll also be interesting to see where Gearbox takes the series in the wake of Destiny, as the loot-shooter genre has changed significantly since Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel was released back in 2014.
While you're waiting for Borderlands 3, why not snap up this week's Destiny 2 for cheap using our best price guide?
- Humble Classics Return Bundle: Where the best deals are
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?