Borderlands 3 effectively confirmed to be in full production
90% of Gearbox is working on the game it knows you want.
Randy Pitchford, founder and CEO of Gearbox Software, told fans at PAX this past weekend that his studio is almost fully dedicated to a single title, admitting that they're "working on the thing I think most of you guys want us to be working on". Somehow I don't quite believe that he's talking about an Aliens: Colonial Marines sequel. Though he didn't come out and say it, there's little doubt that Pitchford is referring to Borderlands 3.
While Pitchford gave no indication of how far along the developments are, it's safe to say that we probably won't be seeing anything for quite a while, since Gearbox only just started hiring for the project two years ago. It'll also be interesting to see where Gearbox takes the series in the wake of Destiny, as the loot-shooter genre has changed significantly since Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel was released back in 2014.
While you're waiting for Borderlands 3, why not snap up this week's Destiny 2 for cheap using our best price guide?
- World of Tanks gets into the World Cup mood with its own take on The Great Game
- Esports jargon: Your guide to the terminology used in competitive gaming
- Razer Core X eGPU review: A cheaper way to super-size your laptop
- Everything you need to know about Cloud Gaming
- Acer Predator X34 review: An electric Eye of Sauron that’ll suck you in