BOQ SME Recovery Loan Scheme Business Loan
This loan of up to $5,000,000 aims to help businesses recover from the coronavirus pandemic and March 2021 floods.
No approval or administrative fees
Max. Loan Amount
Up to 10 years
The Bank of Queensland (BOQ) SME Recovery Loan Scheme Business Loan is designed to support businesses that were negatively impacted by COVID-19 with a low rate, variable loan of up to $5,000,000 to be repaid over a period of up to 10 years. This rate will be evaluated based on your needs, and you will have to contact BOQ directly to discuss this and discover your rate.
80% of this loan is secured via the Australian government, with partial or fully secured options available for the remainder.
Is my business eligible for the SME Recovery Scheme?
As the scheme is aimed to support small and medium enterprises that were adversely affected by the coronavirus pandemic or the March 2021 floods, the eligibility criteria are broad and include those that accessed phases 1 and 2 of the SME Recovery Scheme.
Businesses are eligible to apply for the BOQ SME Recovery loan if they:
- Are a business, sole trader or not-for-profit with a valid registered ABN.
- Have annual business turnover in the 2019-2020 financial year of <$250m and likely to be <$250m in the 2020-21 and 2021-22 financial years, and
- Be adversely economically affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic, or
Have been adversely economically affected by the flooding in March 2021 and are a business located or operating in the relevant flood-affected Local Government Areas (LGAs).
- Are approved and have all documentation signed and returned to BOQ by 31 December 2021
The former requirement of having accessed JobKeeper no longer applies as of 1 October 2021.
What can I spend this money on?
- Refinancing current loans
- Buying business-related assets such as equipment, furniture or vehicles
- Providing working capital
- Purchasing commercial property
- The acquisition of another business
What can't I spend this money on?
- Acquiring residential property. Businesses such as motels do not count as residential property
- The purchase of financial products, such as investments or insurance
- Lending to an associated entity
- Leasing or hiring assets that are over half-way in their effective lifespan
What counts as residential property?
Residential property in this loan is defined as a property that is owned for non-commercial reasons, such as hotels, boarding houses or caravan parks. This does not include a residence that is being rented out. If you are unsure, consult with BOQ directly.
Key features of the BOQ SME Recovery Loan Scheme Business Loan
- No application or monthly service fees
- A low, variable interest rate. Discuss this directly with BOQ to determine yours
- The ability to defer payments for up to 12 months. However, interest still accrues over this period and gets added to the loan balance
- Up to 100% loan-to-value ratio will be considered if your owner occupied home loan is with BOQ
- The ability to review the loan structure at the end of the loan term
How to apply
Make an enquiry with BOQ to discuss your situation and needs. After this, a representative will contact you with your proposed rates and terms.