Boost nabs Samsung Galaxy J2
Budget brand Boost, meet your new budget Samsung Galaxy phone.
Samsung’s Galaxy phone lines are best represented by its Galaxy S brand, where you’ll find high-end (and high priced) fare such as the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. But Samsung’s not above using the brand to push more moderately priced and entry level fare, such as the Samsung Galaxy J2.
Boost Mobile as announced that it’s picked up the Samsung Galaxy J2 as an exclusive in Australia with an outright asking price of $199. Given Boost’s dual-plan, prepaid-only focus it’s not a surprise that there’s no contract option, but then you’d have to spread handset repayments pretty thinly over two years to cover such a low entry price.
A $199 handset is never likely to compare favourably to a premium model even if they do share the same core branding, but what do you get for your money? Here are the Samsung Galaxy J2’s core specifications:
|Samsung Galaxy J2|
|Processor||Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7|
Those specifications are all pretty much in line with what you’d expect from what is a budget phone, although it’s interesting to see a Galaxy phone with a removable battery, given it’s no longer a feature of the premium Galaxy S line.
- Telstra is drastically simplifying its services in an effort to “improve customer experience”
- Lebara goes big with its new Extra Extra Large mobile plan
- Optus Sports fails FIFA World Cup fans: Here are your streaming alternatives
- Telstra’s new 2Gbps 4G network: What you need to know
- Telstra adds billing integration for hayu customers