After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Boost Mobile discount codes and coupons May 2020
Boost your monthly data with these deals on prepaid mobile plans.
Get 14GB bonus data on first 3 recharges.
|View eligible plans|
Save $20 - get a $40 SIM for $20. New customers only.
|View eligible plans|
|Boost Prepaid 30GB $40 28 days||Unlimited standard calls||Go to site|
Back in those days, Boost was likely owned by Optus, but back in 2012 the prepaid pusher was officially acquired by Telstra, giving Australia’s biggest (and priciest) telco a new, affordable entry point.
Today, Boost has a lot more competition from MVNOs like amaysim but over the past few years it's managed to keep its small selection of plans at a reasonable asking rate. Boost Mobile’s recharges generally last you 28 days (unless you opt for the 7-day/1.5GB recharge at $10) and will cost you $20 per month for 3GB, $30 for 12GB of data, $40 for 22GB data, $50 for 32GB or $70 for 52GB.
That’s some decent pricing for plans that give you access to Telstra’s far-reaching 3G/4G network, but once in a blue moon you can go even cheaper with a coupon code.
How to use Boost Mobile coupon codes
- Navigate to the Boost Mobile website
- Click "BUY A SIM"
- Select the SIM starter pack that best suits your needs and click "BUY NOW".
- Enter your promotional code in the "Enter coupon code" under "Apply promo code" field and click "Apply".
- Click "Checkout Now".
- Enter your personal details (including name, address etc.) and your payment details (PayPal or credit card) and finalise the transaction.
What are the Boost Mobile call rates?
Standard call rates
Standard national call rates are charged at 10c per 60 seconds (or part of). These rates only apply with originally included talk time. When your credit expires you will be charged an excess.
International call rates
International call rates vary depending on the country you’re calling. Detailed international call rates are available on the Boost site.
Rates for some popular call destinations
All rates are charged per 60 seconds (or part of).
|Location||Rate per minute|
|USA, UK, China, Malaysia, Singapore, Canada, New Zealand||Unlimited|
What is the delivery time of Boost Mobile?
All Boost Mobile SIM cards are delivered free of charge. Estimated delivery times are:
|Location||Estimated delivery time|
|Metropolitan/CBD areas||1 to 2 business days|
|Outside metro||2 to 5 business days|
|Regional/rural/remote areas||2 to 7 business days|
You will need to sign for your SIM card when it arrives and present the same ID you used at the time of purchase.
What forms of payment does Boost Mobile accept?
- Diners Club (Accepted when re-charging your card only)
What is the coverage area of Boost Mobile?
Boost Mobile operates on the Telstra 4G and 3G networks which collectively reach 99.3% of the Australian population. Speeds will vary depending on where you are located, but most users in capital cities and major towns can expect download speeds of 2 Mbps to 150 Mbps depending on the capabilities of your handset.
What is the Boost Mobile cancellation policy?
Which Boost Mobile plans are available?
Compare all mobile providers
- The best deals in Telstra’s Super Saver sale
- New iPhone SE 2020 Plans from Telstra, Optus & Vodafone
- Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown
- Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert