The most affordable months to travel to the world’s most popular cities
Check the calendar and save your dollars.
Booking.com has crunched the numbers and found that if you plan your travels wisely you could save up to an impressive 49%.
Using its stats, the hotel booking site has come up with a list of the most affordable months to travel to popular cities around the world during their high seasons.
From cultural and historic cities both close to home and across the world to sun-filled breaks in Rio and Miami and the natural beauty and dramatic landscapes of Auckland; there's something for everyone's taste on this affordable travel bucket list.
Check out the full list of destinations by month whether you're planning your next holiday or just need some travel inspiration.
The most affordable months to travel
- Rio de Janeiro: Travel in December, which is 24% cheaper than in January
- Melbourne: Travel in February instead of January to save 11%
- Auckland: Travel in October to save 15% off compared to travelling in March
- Kyoto: Skip the cherry blossom peak and travel in May instead of April to save an impressive 41%
- Miami: Save 42% by visiting in September instead of January
- St Petersburg: April is 49% less expensive to stay in St Petersburg than June.
To get the results booking.com looked at the average price per night of 3, 4 and 5-star accommodations in the most popular cities.
Then, to determine which ones to recommend for each month, they looked at the yearly view of prices and found months .
Many of these feature in the recent Top 10 travel destinations for Australians findings by the Australian Bureau of Statistics including Indonesia, Thailand and New Zealand so we know Aussies are already clamouring to head to these locations.
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
- Virgin Australia announces free flights competition for vaccinated Aussies
- 5 ways to maximise your $200 Luxury Escapes COVID-19 vouchers
- Sydney Solstice Festival 2021: 10 unmissable things to do