Where to book eco tours online
Feel good about your next holiday by participating in ecotourism to give you the adventure of a lifetime while also helping local communities, the environment and wildlife.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
We found the best sites for you to book an eco tour so you can be sure that you are leaving no trace, benefiting communities and giving back to those around you.
Along with the best companies to book with we share discount codes, so your helping holiday is both good for your wallet and the environment around you.
All of the brands we’ve found are dedicated to responsible travel. This can be anything from offsetting the operator's carbon footprint to helping with disaster relief, ensuring that minimal negative impact is done to the environment and benefiting local communities with sustainable resources.
You’ll be happy knowing that the environment, people and wildlife are safe when you go on a tour with one of these companies as a adventure tour, volunteer trip or combination of both.
1. G Adventures
Travel in small groups, support local communities and see the planet the way you want to, with tours targeting your favourite type of travel.
- Planterra Foundation, created by G Adventures, ensures that communities benefit from the tourism, minimises the impact on every destination and promotes sustainable solutions
- G Adventures follows the guidelines of the Association of British Travel Agents and works in partnership with the Born Free Foundation to ensure that all animals seen on tours are treated fairly
- Disaster Relief Policy helps communities in need with sustainable solutions when a disaster hits a place where G Adventures leads tours
- Tours invest in the local communities, supporting entrepreneurs and small businesses
Find the perfect small group tour for you that reflects your budget and travel style with local leaders in every destination.
- Intrepid’s Carbon Management Plan offsets the global carbon emissions from offices and trips, plus Intrepid offers travellers the choice to offset their flights as well
- Investing in renewable energy projects for local communities that helps the environment and supports local workers and community infrastructure
- Every tour carefully manages waste, water and energy consumption
- Local transport, food and accommodation are used whenever possible
Forget about the little hassles, Peregrine takes care of it all on small group tours that highlight local experiences for an immersive experience.
- Trips are designed to have minimal impact on the environment by using smaller vehicles and finding local accommodation options
- Carbon emissions that are created from trips are offset through carbon credits that go to support projects in Kenya, Cambodia and Turkey
- The not-for-profit Intrepid Foundation raises money to help travellers make a difference in communities, with 53 grassroots projects in 25 countries to date
World Expeditions offers travellers “big adventures with a small footprint” around the world, with custom itineraries that are off the beaten path.
- The Responsible Travel Guidebook is an outline of the operating goals of World Expeditions to keep the world’s environment and people safe
- Their Animal Welfare Tourism Code of Conduct instructs and encourages travellers to participate in cruelty-free animal tourism
- World Expeditions follows the seven principles outlined by Leave No Trace to ensure the long-term health of the global environment
- Option to offset your carbon footprint from your flight when you book
Feel good about your impact with volunteer opportunities that combine adventure travel with creating sustainable projects for impoverished communities around the world.
- Volunteers work on projects that improve infrastructure, give education opportunities, build freshwater systems and protect wildlife in communities that need assistance
- Host communities are involved in the projects to help economic growth and sustainability
- Projects are selected on a collaborative basis to ensure that GIVE’s goals are the same as those of local communities
Fuze Ecoteer provides team building, school expeditions and conservation programs that give you the opportunity to give back as you learn about local customs and develop skills.
- Every trip provides educational, cultural and financial benefits to the communities where projects are located
- All trips are conservation- and environment-focused
- Fuze Ecoteer projects are run by qualified marine conservationists and rainforest experts to ensure that the animals and environment are well cared for, preserved and helped effectively
Bamboo tours exceed the expectations of travellers of all ages by insisting on projects that are both culturally immersive and have holiday time while also giving back to the community.
- Volunteer projects vary widely, from teaching English, helping communities build water purification systems and working with animals
- Volunteer and adventure tours give back and minimise the impact for every traveller
- Over US$2 million has been raised and four million volunteer hours have been given to local communities in need
Adventure tours around Thailand for both small group and gap year travellers that give you a cultural experience which also gives back.
- There are a number of projects to choose from but all tours help to develop the local community
- Operations are at a grassroots level in Thailand
- Your tourism helps communities by providing an income for locals
No Limit Adventures specialises in tours across Australia and Papua New Guinea, from luxury to adventure.
- Tours allow you to learn new skills, such as getting scuba certified while participating in a marine life conservation program
- Be immersed in the local culture
- Small and individual tours are operated to ensure less of an impact on the environment
Ecotourism deals and sales
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 55% off Lay-Z Inflatable Spas, $899 Macbook Air laptops, 36% off Nespresso coffee machines.
Best nappy bags in Australia
These are the 9 best nappy bags you can buy right now in Australia.
10 best retro games (and where to buy them)
Retro games players and collectors love classic games; here are the best game picks for the most popular retro systems.
9 best Nintendo Game Boy Advance games of all time
Nintendo’s Game Boy Advance is home to lots of superb ports and even more original games – but which games are the very best?
Online hospitality courses
Here’s where you can gain qualifications in hospitality at your own pace with an online course.
Where to buy retro consoles online in Australia
Start building your retro console collection today by visiting these Australian online stores.
Best PlayStation 1 games of all time
We’ve played a LOT of PlayStation 1 games to bring you the definitive list of the very best games the system had to offer across all genres and tastes.
Best camping gazebos in Australia
Whether you’re heading to the beach or the bush, we’ve found the best camping gazebo for you.
Campervan hire in Cairns | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore Tropical North Queensland with our guide to campervan hire in Cairns.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Ask an Expert