Feel good about your next holiday by participating in ecotourism to give you the adventure of a lifetime while also helping local communities, the environment and wildlife.
We found the best sites for you to book an eco tour so you can be sure that you are leaving no trace, benefiting communities and giving back to those around you.
Along with the best companies to book with we share discount codes, so your helping holiday is both good for your wallet and the environment around you.
All of the brands we’ve found are dedicated to responsible travel. This can be anything from offsetting the operator's carbon footprint to helping with disaster relief, ensuring that minimal negative impact is done to the environment and benefiting local communities with sustainable resources.
You’ll be happy knowing that the environment, people and wildlife are safe when you go on a tour with one of these companies as a adventure tour, volunteer trip or combination of both.
Find the perfect small group tour for you that reflects your budget and travel style with local leaders in every destination.
- Intrepid’s Carbon Management Plan offsets the global carbon emissions from offices and trips, plus Intrepid offers travellers the choice to offset their flights as well
- Investing in renewable energy projects for local communities that helps the environment and supports local workers and community infrastructure
- Every tour carefully manages waste, water and energy consumption
- Local transport, food and accommodation are used whenever possible
Forget about the little hassles, Peregrine takes care of it all on small group tours that highlight local experiences for an immersive experience.
- Trips are designed to have minimal impact on the environment by using smaller vehicles and finding local accommodation options
- Carbon emissions that are created from trips are offset through carbon credits that go to support projects in Kenya, Cambodia and Turkey
- The not-for-profit Intrepid Foundation raises money to help travellers make a difference in communities, with 53 grassroots projects in 25 countries to date
World Expeditions offers travellers “big adventures with a small footprint” around the world, with custom itineraries that are off the beaten path.
- The Responsible Travel Guidebook is an outline of the operating goals of World Expeditions to keep the world’s environment and people safe
- Their Animal Welfare Tourism Code of Conduct instructs and encourages travellers to participate in cruelty-free animal tourism
- World Expeditions follows the seven principles outlined by Leave No Trace to ensure the long-term health of the global environment
- Option to offset your carbon footprint from your flight when you book
Feel good about your impact with volunteer opportunities that combine adventure travel with creating sustainable projects for impoverished communities around the world.
- Volunteers work on projects that improve infrastructure, give education opportunities, build freshwater systems and protect wildlife in communities that need assistance
- Host communities are involved in the projects to help economic growth and sustainability
- Projects are selected on a collaborative basis to ensure that GIVE’s goals are the same as those of local communities
Fuze Ecoteer provides team building, school expeditions and conservation programs that give you the opportunity to give back as you learn about local customs and develop skills.
- Every trip provides educational, cultural and financial benefits to the communities where projects are located
- All trips are conservation- and environment-focused
- Fuze Ecoteer projects are run by qualified marine conservationists and rainforest experts to ensure that the animals and environment are well cared for, preserved and helped effectively
Bamboo tours exceed the expectations of travellers of all ages by insisting on projects that are both culturally immersive and have holiday time while also giving back to the community.
- Volunteer projects vary widely, from teaching English, helping communities build water purification systems and working with animals
- Volunteer and adventure tours give back and minimise the impact for every traveller
- Over US$2 million has been raised and four million volunteer hours have been given to local communities in need
Adventure tours around Thailand for both small group and gap year travellers that give you a cultural experience which also gives back.
- There are a number of projects to choose from but all tours help to develop the local community
- Operations are at a grassroots level in Thailand
- Your tourism helps communities by providing an income for locals
No Limit Adventures specialises in tours across Australia and Papua New Guinea, from luxury to adventure.
- Tours allow you to learn new skills, such as getting scuba certified while participating in a marine life conservation program
- Be immersed in the local culture
- Small and individual tours are operated to ensure less of an impact on the environment