Blizzard is working on a mobile MMO RTS
Could Warcraft be making its way to phones?
While the job postings don't give a whole lot away as to the nature of the game itself, they do reveal that the project is based in the Unity game engine and is in development for both iOS and Android devices. Given its pitch as an MMO RTS, we can also expect that it'll draw from Blizzard's experience with Starcraft and Warcraft, potentially leveraging one or both of those universes for its narrative setting.
After the massive success of Hearthstone, it's no surprise that Blizzard is taking more of an interest in the mobile side of game development. And while the fruits of this project are likely a ways off, it's a safe bet that whatever Blizzard is cooking up will be worth the wait.
In other mobile gaming news, Capcom's Puzzle Fighter mobile game is available to download for free right now.
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale
- GAMDIAS ACHILLES M1-L gaming chair review
- Why Far Cry needs another double dose of malaria
- E-League FIFA 18 competition kicks off tonight on Fox Sports