Blizzard is working on a mobile MMO RTS
Could Warcraft be making its way to phones?
While the job postings don't give a whole lot away as to the nature of the game itself, they do reveal that the project is based in the Unity game engine and is in development for both iOS and Android devices. Given its pitch as an MMO RTS, we can also expect that it'll draw from Blizzard's experience with Starcraft and Warcraft, potentially leveraging one or both of those universes for its narrative setting.
After the massive success of Hearthstone, it's no surprise that Blizzard is taking more of an interest in the mobile side of game development. And while the fruits of this project are likely a ways off, it's a safe bet that whatever Blizzard is cooking up will be worth the wait.
In other mobile gaming news, Capcom's Puzzle Fighter mobile game is available to download for free right now.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits