Black Friday 2022 flight sales predictions + early deals
Here are some of the deals we're expecting this Black Friday, 25 November 2022.
Black Friday is fast approaching and with it comes travel sales in abundance.
Although the sales are yet to be confirmed, we have a fair idea of what will be on offer based on both previous years' and recent deals from the airlines.
Here are some of what to look out for.
Which airlines do we think will be having a Black Friday sale this year?
What flight deals should you expect this year?
Our prediction for Black Friday: Flights under $40
Why: In the 2021 Black Friday sales, the airline dropped flights from $29 each way for the entire weekend. With rising fuel costs, we still reckon you'll get some jaw-dropping flight deals in 2022. In fact, we've already seen the airline offer $35 flights this year so we're predicting fares around that starting point.
Our prediction for Black Friday: International flights on sale for under $500 return
Why: Borders have opened up. In 2022, Virgin Australia provided some outstanding overseas flight deals to the tune of $409 return airfares to Queenstown and $479 return fares to Bali and Fiji. This is one to get excited about!
Our prediction for Black Friday: Big sales on Australian and international flights
Why: Qantas doesn't tend to have flights on sale for Black Friday. However, the airline almost always has a sale running. Right now it has an East Coast sale with Sydney to Brisbane flights starting from $129 each way. There are also excellent flight deals to Fiji and Noumea.
Our prediction for Black Friday: 10% off flights to Europe
Why: Qatar Airways joined in the Click Frenzy madness on 8 November with 10% off flights to the UK and Europe. Could it reprise the same sale over Black Friday? To give some perspective, in 2021 it had fares from $1,319 over Black Friday. This is fantastic value when headed halfway across the world on a 5-star airline.
How do I get a good Black Friday flight deal?
- Know what you are looking for. Decide where you'd like to go on your next holiday. Narrow down your choices to 2 or 4 so you can focus on finding deals that you really want – fast. It can pay to have a chat with your family or fellow travellers about your trip in the days and weeks leading up to the sale.
- Bookmark this article to enable easy and fast searching at sale time.
- Get in early. The best deals are available early in the sale so book fast to avoid disappointment.
- Be flexible. Some of the best-priced airfares are often for weekday flights or off-peak dates, such as during the school term. Keep an open mind to save extra on your trip.
- Buy now pay later: Some airlines offer buy now pay later. If payday is at the end of the month, this could ensure you lock in that discounted flight while it's around. Just remember you need to pay the amount back in full and on time to avoid any interest or additional fees.
What flight deals can I catch right now?
Can't wait until Black Friday? Don't want the stress of having to book within that 24-hour window? There are loads of flight deals going around right now that you can snap up to avoid the holiday sales stress. Here are some of our favourites:
- Qantas: Flights to and from the East Coast from $119 each way. Sale ends 17 November 2022.
- Qatar Airways: Europe flights from $1,775 for 2023 travel. Explore Greece, France, Italy and more. Sample fare is return to Milan. Sale ends 30 November 2022.
- Virgin Australia: Australia-wide flights from $69 each way. Sale ends 15 November 2022.
- Emirates: Europe and UK flights from $1,799 return. Sale ends 18 November 2022.
Want more travel bargains? Check out our picks of the best Black Friday travel deals as soon as they land.