Deals we’re expecting to see this Black Friday 2019
Get ready, shoppers. Black Friday is almost here and we've got the lowdown on what to expect based on last year's discounts and offers.
Despite originating in the US, Black Friday has now become an international phenomenon. The mega sales event sees prices slashed on everything from makeup to homewares, making it the perfect opportunity to get a start on your Christmas gift shopping or to pick up an expensive item that you've been eyeing for a bargain price.
While sites like eBay, Amazon Australia and Lovehoney have already started dishing out the deals, most retailers keep their bargains heavily under wraps until the day. This makes it difficult to plan your wishlist in advance, but with a little bit of sleuthing, we can get a better idea of what to expect from this year's sales.
We looked to last year's deals to get an idea of which retailers might be involved in Black Friday this year and what kind of offers we can expect from them. In particular, stores like THE ICONIC, Cotton On and Microsoft have all had the same Black Friday deals for several years running, meaning that there's a very good chance we'll be seeing them again this year.
Scroll on to see the top Black Friday fashion, tech, beauty, homewares and experience deals from last year, or head on over to our Black Friday deals hub to see offers that are already available to shop for this year.
Top Black Friday deals from last year
- David Jones – Up to 80% off
- Gymshark – Up to 70% off site-wide
- Cotton On – 45-75% off
- boohoo - 50% off everything
- THE ICONIC – 30% off Black Friday sale picks
- SurfStitch – 30% off almost everything
- Showpo – 25% off
- Microsoft Store – 15% off selected Surfaces, 20% off Bose headphones, 40% off on Minecraft controllers and more
- Dell – 40% off selected laptops plus 25% off desktops
- Catch - Up to 80% off a range of beauty brands like GLAMGLOW, Fanola, Revlon and more
- Priceline - 50% off cosmetics
- Charlotte Tilbury - Up to 50% off makeup and skincare
- The Body Shop - Up to 50% off selected products
- Cult Beauty – 40% off best-selling brands
- ry.com.au - 40% off selected beauty products
- Fresh Fragrances and Cosmetics - 20% off site-wide plus free shipping
- Sephora – 15% off site-wide
- -Receive free shipping and a 3-piece gift set valued at $80 with orders over $80
Homewares and experiences
- David Jones – 40% off selected Dyson products
- West Elm – 25% off your order
- Contiki – 20% off selected trips to USA, Canada and Europe plus 15% off trips to Asia
Black Friday is a 24-hour event, which will be held this year on 29 November. The mega sales event is closely followed by Cyber Monday, which falls on 2 December and sees even more bargains offered by online stores.
Main image: Getty