Black Friday 2020: Best mobile plan deals
Top deals include 500GB for $55 from Vodafone, triple the data from Circles.Life and up to $50 off Boost mobile plans.
Black Friday and mobile plans - name a more unlikely duo. While getting a new phone plan might not be at the top of your mind when it comes to Black Friday sales, quite a number of mobile providers are offering some great discounts on plans.
If you think you're paying too much for your current mobile plan, you probably are. Research by Finder found that 78% of Aussies that are currently with one of the big 3 mobile brands - Telstra, Optus and Vodafone - aren't happy about what they're getting. Black Friday might just be the perfect time to switch and save.
Best mobile plan Black Friday 2020 deals:
While it may not officially be Black Friday just yet, the telcos below have already started offering deals.
Please note that we're updating this list as deals are announced.
- amaysim is the biggest mobile provider outside of the 3 networks. It's offering 50% off its long expiry plans for Black Friday. So you can grab its 6 month mobile plan for $75 instead of $150, or its 12 month plan for $100 instead of $200.
- Circles.Life is known for its crazy data deals and it's giving you triple the data on its $28 plan for 12 months. That means you'll get 60GB of monthly data instead of the usual 20GB.
- Lebara's got up to 55% of some of its 180 day mobile plans. You can get its Small plan for $49 instead of $120, its Medium plan for $69 instead of $140, or its Large plan for $99 instead of $180. You'll get up to 180GB to use over 6 months depending on which plan you sign up to.
- While long expiry plans are usually aimed at people who don't need a lot of long-term data, Kogan goes the other way and offers heaps of data if you prepay your plan upfront. Buy 1 get 1 free on two of Kogan's long expiry plans for Black Friday: get 2 of its 250GB 365 day plan for $265 (that makes it $132.50 per plan) or grab 2 of Kogan's 486GB 365 day plan for $335 ($167.50 per plan). While it might sound like a lot to pay for upfront, if you divide it up, you're only paying under $14 a month for those plans for up to 40GB of data each month.
- If you're more comfortable with the big brands, Vodafone's got some crazy data deals too. If you're after a SIM-only plan, you can get 500GB for $55 for 12 months from Vodafone. It's got a prepaid deal too if you'd prefer - get 50GB on your first recharges on its prepaid plan for just $9 for the first month.
- New Optus provider Gomo, which was launched last week, has a great sign up deal. Grab Gomo's $25 plan for $10 when you sign up, and get 18GB to use each month.
- Or if you'd rather sign up with Optus itself, you can get its $30 prepaid plan for $5 for the first recharge. It comes with 35GB of data to use for your first 3 recharges.
- Boost Mobile has been a familiar mobile brand for a while now thanks to its full Telstra coverage, without the Telstra price tag. You can grab a bunch of deals from Boost and save up to $50 off its mobile plans. Here's what's on offer:
- Get Boost's $30 plan for just $10 for your first recharge. You'll get a total of 40GB to use for the first 3 recharges.
- Save $25 on Boost's $40 plan - it's just $15 when you sign up. It usually comes with 30GB of data, but Boost will throw in a bonus 25GB for your first 3 recharges for free, giving you 55GB of monthly data.
- Looking for a long-term plan? Boost's $200 12 month expiry plan is now just $160, with 110GB to use throughout the year.
- Get $50 off Boost's $300 12 month plan which comes with 300GB of data. That means you'll pay $250 instead of $300.
With phones going on sale for Black Friday too, why not grab a deal on a new mobile plan too? Most of these deals will run across the weekend and Cyber Monday.
Terms and conditions do apply for the deals above - most offers are for new customers only so make sure you check.
Black Friday is a 24-hour event, which will be held this year on 27 November. The mega sales event is closely followed by Cyber Monday, which falls on 30 November and sees even more bargains offered by online stores.
Want more bargains? Check out our up-to-the-minute collection of Black Friday offers and today's top 5 deals.