Black Friday 2019: The best deals for investors happening now
Forget shopping sales, make the most out of your investments with these top deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Bargain hunting is all well and good, but let's be honest – we often end up spending more on stuff that we don't really need than doing much in the way of saving.
In honour of the festive (aka "spending") season, I scoured the Internet for some of the best investment deals that are happening right now in Australia. Here are five that I like:
Top 5 investment deals
- RateSetter Black Friday deal. The P2P platform is offering $25 of credit to new customers that invest $100 or more before 31 December. There are five funds to choose from with fixed interest rates of up to 7.5% (as of 28 November). Check out the details of the deal here or head over to our RateSetter review page to learn more about P2P investing.
- Udemy courses from $10.99. Online education site Udemy has dozens of courses on investing, stocks, forex and advanced trading analysis, and if you sign up to one before 29 November, you'll pay just US$10.99. That's a terrific discount considering many of these courses are normally priced at over $200. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also check out our list of investment courses here.
- $0 broker fee for SelfWealth's ETF: If you invest in the new SMSF Leaders Fund (ASX:SELF) using the SelfWealth share trading platform you won't have to pay any brokerage fees. This isn't really a Black Friday deal, but it's a nice opportunity to invest for free, especially if you're looking to make multiple transactions in a year. Plus, SelfWealth has no monthly or inactivity fees, so you're literally paying zero broker fees to invest. You can find more information about the fund right here.
- IG Qantas Points special: Get up to 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points when you sign up for a new IG share trading account and transfer at least $5,000 into your account. To get the full number of points, you'll need to meet minimal trade requirements within three months. You can read our review of IG share trading here and click through the T&Cs for more details.
- Win $1,000 on Stake. It's not really a bargain, but it's a nice opportunity all the same. In honour of adding Warren Buffet's famous Berkshire Hathaway (A-Shares) to its list, US trading platform Stake is offering a chance to win $1,000 to new customers if you fund your account with at least $50 or refer a friend (before midnight 28 November). If you and your referral both fund your accounts, you're both in the running. For more info about the app, you can head over to our Stake review page.
As always when it comes to investing, make sure to read the terms and conditions and remember that all investments have their risks – don't get swept up in a deal you don't need!
If these aren't the kind of bargains you're looking for, head over to our Black Friday page for the latest promotions in tech, fashion, beauty and travel. And to stay up to date on all the latest offers, you can sign up to Finder's Black Friday and Cyber Monday email.
Disclaimer: This information should not be interpreted as an endorsement of futures, stocks, ETFs, options or any specific provider, service or offering. It should not be relied upon as advice or construed as providing recommendations of any kind. Futures, stocks, ETFs and options trading involve substantial risk of loss and therefore are not appropriate for all investors. Past performance is not an indication of future results. Consider your own circumstances and obtain your own advice before making any trades.