Bitcoin trading: Price prediction and technical analysis 5 April 2019
Bullish signals flashed in February, and were borne out. The next target is from $5,700 to $6,000.
After some success midway through 2018, trading the inverted head and shoulders pattern shown on the chart below, I remained on the sidelines with a neutral view of Bitcoin until 6 weeks ago.
At that point our attention returned to Bitcoin as we highlighted a potentially bullish technical analysis based view of Bitcoin to our TECHFX TRADERS subscribers.
The essence of the bullish view was that the Bitcoin daily chart displayed a rounded bottom pattern, a distinct loss of downside momentum, as well as bullish divergence as viewed on the Relative Strength Indicator. The weekly chart confirmed that at its low of US$3,122, last December, Bitcoin held the critical support coming from the 200-week moving average. Based on this analysis, we made a bullish call on Bitcoin back in late February 2019 when it was trading at $3,925.
This week, after Bitcoin's one day stunning 20% rally, the first profit target of the trade at $4,650 has been reached where I have taken partial profit on the original position. I remain core long, looking to take profit again should Bitcoin reach the next layer of strong technical resistance which is situated between $5,700 and $6,000. I intend to keep a final 1/3 portion of the original long Bitcoin trade for a move towards $8,000.
The stop loss on the trade has now been moved higher to $4,050, so I am protected should Bitcoin fail to build on this week's rally.
We also highlighted the late February's bullish view of Bitcoin in a video recorded for City Index earlier in the week. You can skip to the relevant section of the video which starts at 8 minutes and 40 seconds into the video.
TECH-FX TRADING PTY LTD (ACN 617 797 645) is an Authorised Representative (1255203) of JB Alpha Ltd (ABN 76 131 376 415) which holds an Australian Financial Services Licence (number 327075).
Trading foreign exchange, futures and CFDs on margin carries a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange, futures or CFDs you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss in excess of your deposited funds and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange, futures and CFD trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.
Any advice provided is general advice only. It is important to note that:
- The advice has been prepared without taking into account the client’s objectives, financial situation or needs.
- The client should therefore consider the appropriateness of the advice, in light of their own objectives, financial situation or needs, before following the advice.
- If the advice relates to the acquisition or possible acquisition of a particular financial product, the client should obtain a copy of, and consider, the PDS for that product before making any decision.
TECHFX TRADERS owns copyright of the information and material contained in this presentation/report/webinar. Information may be printed or downloaded for personal use. The information may not otherwise be reproduced and must not be distributed or transmitted to any other person or used in any way without the express approval of TECHFX TRADERS.
- Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
- Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
- Retroactive airdrop farming: How to prepare yourself for 2022
- Ethereum price continues downward spiral while a major competitor posts gains of 50%
- Bitcoin’s price stagnation a cause for concern as key indicators continue to dip