Bitcoin and cryptocurrency roundup: 9 March 2018
What's happening in crypto today?
The daily ups and downs, Japan's exchange crackdown, a new spate of cryptojacking, crypto crimewave on businesses and signs of a hard upcoming crunch time for cryptocurrency.
1. The rollercoaster might have fallen off a cliff.
2. Spending your customers' bitcoin without telling them. Hard to recover from that.
At the boiling end of the spectrum was the exchange whose staff used their customers' bitcoin for personal use, was suspended for a month and will probably decide to stay closed.
3. Half a million miners, coming right up.
A lightning strike cryptojacking attack has struck, mining up Electroneum across Russia before being reined in by Microsoft techno-warriors. Or something like that.
4. Do the wave.
The risk to reward ratio for cryptojacking is off the charts. This makes it an exceptionally attractive proposition and has led to its rapid growth.
5. There comes a time in every young coin's life.
There's a crunch time on the horizon, with privacy coins pitted against law enforcement both national and international.
Disclosure: At the time of writing the author holds ETH, IOTA, ICX, VEN, XLM, SALT, BTC, NANO
- Ethereum price breaks all time high of US$1,448
- Ethereum price: Massive slide as market faces bearish pressure
- Ethereum 2.0: Roadmap, timeline and implications
- Bitcoin falls to US$34,000 as confidence in money markets improves with the Biden inauguration
- Bitcoin price lags while regulators raise fears and banks grapple